VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for safely picking up, storing, loading transports and setting non-drivable vehicles for sale with the use of a Front End Loader/Forklift equipped with 15- 17 foot forks. Vehicles are of varying sizes and conditions, with loose or hanging parts; attention to detail and safety is essential in protecting employees and customers.
- Conduct daily pre-trip safety inspections before beginning work for the day
- Make minor adjustment and/or request repairs in writing to the mechanic or supervisor
- Safely load, unload, rearrange, and maneuver Forklift/Loader with 15-17 foot forks throughout the auction lot
- Read stock numbers on the computer screen and verify the stock number and vehicle information directly from vehicle before loading onto forks
- Move vehicles to inventory staging, sale stalls, or storage as determined by lot location paperwork or computer screens
- Move vehicles into garage or other sheltered areas for insurance inspections, vehicle repairs, or as requested by supervisor
- Load vehicles on transports or fleet trucks for transportation off of the lot
- Plow snow when required by season and/or location
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to pass OSHA forklift/heavy equipment certification program with recertification Knowledge every 3 years
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
- Experience 1 to 3 years experience preferred operating heavy equipment
- Effective communication and organization skills required
- Basic computer skills and the ability to utilize a portable terminal, brick, etc. preferred
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service essential
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb
- Ability to spend prolonged periods of time sitting in cab of forklift/loader
- Vision abilities include close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to remain focused and vigilant regarding surroundings and hazards on lot
- Regular exposure to outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat and cold
- Potential to spend up to 50% of shift out of the cab and outdoors
- Driving and maneuvering forklift/pader in difficult situations with light to heavy crowds and traffic
- Loading and unloading vehicles in various weather conditions
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.