VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position supervises and directs the daily activities of the lot team members and the lot operations function for the Auction and ensures the efficient, orderly and proper check-in, staging and moving of vehicles on the lot and through the production points. Work Schedule is: Wednesday-Friday 6am-3p.m and Saturday-Sunday 8am – 5 p.m.
- Directs the daily operation of the vehicle check-in area by leading and coordinating the activities and the workflow of the drivers.
- Ensures efficient lot operation by coordinating the movement of vehicles from check-in to the sale staging.
- Provides quality service and interact with clients to resolve any problems that may occur.
- Inspects and maintains lot operations equipment and ensure that it is functional and in good working condition.
- Assists the Supervisors with directing the work of lot operations employees by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties and monitoring work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Assists Supervisors with counseling team members as necessary. Under the direction of the Supervisors, plan, monitor and evaluate employee job performance, and assist manager in conducting performance appraisals.
- Ensures lot vehicles are maintained and prepared for team member use.
- Analyzes the operations tools, dashboards and reports; maintains data and adjustments as needed.
- Assists with employee injuries and vehicle accident investigations/reporting, root cause analysis and provides recommendations for process and safety improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
What’s In It For You?
For all you’ll do to serve up amazing auction experiences, we’ll support you with an awesome combo platter of opportunities and incentives. Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Competitive pay and employee discounts, even on cars!
- If you’re full-time, you’ll have access to even more benefits, such as comprehensive healthcare, 401(k) + company match, generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer, life & disability insurance, and more!
- You’ll work in a fast-charged culture and with teams that respect your role, your experience, your contributions, and you as a person. We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
- Your road is wide open with opportunities. Take a new road. Change lanes into another Cox company business. Get promoted. The sky’s the limit. Cox will support you on your journey of unlimited possibilities with ongoing training, free online classes, and mentoring programs to help you create the career you dream about.
- You’ll become a part of a movement for good at a company making bold social and environmental commitments. This is a place you can feel good about working because you’ll be a part of creating positive change through your work and the Cox culture.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years Auction lot operations experience and knowledge of overall Auction functions required.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills required.
- Competencies/Skills – Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of AS400 systems.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations preferred.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Medium strength. Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts hazard, electrical shock hazard and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate noise level.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.