At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
RapidScale is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Irvine, CA, the company has a solid track record of delivering world class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions via an enterprise “Flex Pod” cloud stack.
The Implementation Engineer will support organizations in their effort to implement RapidScale disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) and backup as a service (BaaS) product offerings. The successful candidate will have significant knowledge of Zerto, Veeam, VMware vCloud, vCenter, Microsoft technologies, and associated configurations. The Implementation Engineer will be a member of the Zerto and Veeam implementation teams participating in developing design, architecture, configuration, migration best practices, and strategies to support DRaaS operational KPIs.
Key responsibilities include technical implementation of DRaaS/BaaS product offerings, working with team members to develop the solution path for implementation. The Implementation Engineer will also determine internal best practices for configuration, DR planning, testing, implementation, monitoring, management, and ongoing support of DRaaS/BaaS offerings. The Implementation Engineer will support the Project Manager in gathering and analyzing requirements, solution design, and execute the implementation, while delivering high customer satisfaction. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills. They will work very closely with Solutions Engineers, Senior Cloud Engineers, Cloud Engineers and the Project Management Office (PMO) for all new customer implementations. The position will be a key factor in providing a great customer experience pre and post implementation.
- Technical documentation: creating and maintaining
- Understanding of disaster recovery and backup best practices
- Zerto DRaaS Solutions
- Veeam Backup Solutions
- Business Continuity, DR planning, and testing
- DRaaS and BaaS within a multi-tenant cloud environment
- VMware vCloud, vSphere, and vCenter
- Windows Server technologies and configurations
- Linux Server technologies and configurations
Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Duties include but are not limited to):
- Project management experience implementing and maintaining Zerto and Veeam solutions.
- Hands on administration experience with Zerto, Veeam, VMware, Windows Server, and Linux Server technologies.
- Leads design, implementation, and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Designs and implements customer infrastructure within VMware vCloud and vCenter.
- Utilize internal processes, procedures and tools in support of DRaaS and BaaS services.
- Participate in overall architecture of internal infrastructure and systems hosting DRaaS and BaaS offerings.
- Creates system documentation, processes, and procedures for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Performs complex systems development and design work across multiple customer environment in multi-tenant cloud environment.
- Partners and collaborates with internal teams in the support of cloud environments.
- Provides training on Zerto and Veeam solution offerings.
- Assists with advanced troubleshooting of Zerto and Veeam issues experienced by internal and external customers.
- Provides system support and maintains uptime as defined within the IT-acceptable standards.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
Educational & Skills Requirements:
- A college degree or equivalent work experience (3+ years).
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and editorial abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation, as well as the ability to identify problems in advance and propose solutions.
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results and set priorities independently.
- Ability to work on a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule.
- A proven level of experience with Zerto and Veeam solutions
- A proven level of competence with Windows servers, VMware vCloud, vCenter, multi-tenant cloud environments and technologies
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in managing technical projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with project management
- Proficiency in computer usage, internet, and Microsoft Office suite of applications
Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
Fast paced, positive, high energy environment. Can have periods of high stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
Security and Compliance Requirements:
All positions at RapidScale have role-based levels of access to networks, systems, customer, and company information. Information Security is a top priority and access granted is limited to only necessary systems and information required to perform the expected job responsibilities. In this position, as an employee, you are required to protect and maintain the integrity of our company and customer information. These protections include information assets including customer and company information for any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and other related personal or proprietary information.
• Employee may lift up to 20 pounds.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.