VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
IMPORTANT: This position is a hybrid model! You will report to the following address 13693 S 200 W, Draper, Utah 84020 two to three days per week and work from home on the remaining days.
Dealertrack, a brand of Cox Automotive, is currently looking for a Software Engineer Intern to join our Engineering team in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Our Engineering Team:
Our Software Engineers are passionate influencers who have built a premier software platform for auto dealers and are thinkers with the tenacity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry. We weave collaboration and support into the fabric of everything we do. Hackathons 2-3 times per year offer the opportunity to network and spark innovation. You’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individual talents, cultivates teamwork and dynamics and provides multiple opportunities for creative problem-solving. Our team members collaborate and learn from each other to continually improve our practice of software engineering. We forge an environment of mentorship to shape our culture.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern to join a stellar team of strong, self-motivated developers and engineers developing high-volume, performance and availability applications. Our teams are responsible for areas such as: building API’s in modern tech stacks that integrate between legacy applications and partners API’s, creating UI’s using React components, building Platform Services – shared platform components and tools, as well as reusable libraries and APIs for other engineering teams.
Technologies We Use:
.NET Core, AWS (Fargate, Aurora, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, etc.), React, Git, Terraform, Node.js, NuGet, NPM, Docker, DB2
• Work with the team to develop or enhance services and applications
• Understand DevOps, containerization, cloud- and full-stack development
• Build scalable, robust and performant services and solutions
• Implement new or enhanced functionality from provided requirements and specs
• Learn to work with QA, DevOps, Product to ensure quality code and successful code delivery
• Attend Agile ceremonies, prioritize and complete tasks
What We Look For:
• Currently studying for a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other Technology degree. For Under Grad students, must be a rising junior or rising senior level (at least 2 years college completed). Graduate students in a technology degree may also apply.
• Available for a 12-week internship during the summer of 2022
• Strong sense of curiosity and desire for learning
• Familiarity with C#/.NET or similar OO language (C# preferred)
• Database experience (SQL/MySQL)
• Must be legally authorized to work in a job location without sponsorship now or in the future
What We Look For:
- Graduating Senior with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- 0 – 1 years of working experience
- Working knowledge of software development and/or testing
- Working knowledge of automated testing frameworks
- Working knowledge of software test tools and processes, building and testing frameworks, and consumer-facing applications and databases
- Working knowledge of scripting and configuration tools
- Working knowledge of delivering products in an engineering, operations, or release role
- Working knowledge of development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, iterative)
- Working knowledge of analysis, design and programming
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.