VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
DETAIL TECHNICIAN I
The only thing you love more than a pristine automobile is being the person who made it sparkle and shine. From the first drop of soap to the last touch of paint, you are all about making a great vehicle look as good as it runs.
If you’d like to put your automotive artistry to work with a powerhouse company, Manheim may be your ticket to ride. Manheim, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses, is the world’s largest wholesale auto marketplace. We help clients buy, sell, recondition and transport used cars, as well as manage and finance vehicle inventory. We’re on a quest to find car lovers with an attention to detail…literally. Our Detail Technicians are folks who have mad skills getting a car or truck to look as good as new. Sound like you? Read on!
What You’ll Do
You’ll have a hand in every aspect of getting a vehicle looking its best. That means things like…
● Prepping, cleaning, washing & waxing cars.
● Removing defects, and assisting with painting and minor repairs from
time to time.
● Keeping Tools and Equipment in excellent shape.
● Observing safety & health procedures.
● Completing work orders & other vehicle documentation.
● Following regulations on paint and other tools of your trade.
By the way, a valid driver’s license is a must – we’ll need you to drive some of these bad boys from point A to point B. And, if you know your way around auto detailing, painting, and some simple repairs, well, that’s another plus in your column.
What’s In It For You?
• You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay & employee discounts.
• You’ll be working with some of the coolest and most advanced detailing tools. When it comes to technology, Manheim has your back.
• We’re big believers in developing leaders from within the company, and once you’re with us, you’ll have the chance to find a mentor, train for other opportunities or make moves within the business so that you can always look for growth and impact.
• If you’re a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy even more terrific benefits, like paid vacation time, paid holidays, comprehensive healthcare, life & disability insurance, and more! Plus, did we mention that we offer Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year with us?
• As part of the Cox team, you’ll be a part of a culture that puts people first, and believes in being a force for good in our communities as well as for the planet (more specifically – Earth, though we like them all).
Who You Are
First, you’re a safe and capable driver with a track record to prove it. You can drive both an automatic and a manual like a boss. The physical demands required to get a vehicle looking like a million bucks are no problem for you. Doing a great job matters to you, and working with a tight-knit group to get the job done right gets you even more pumped.
● Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
● Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
● While you won’t need to do any crazy folk dancing, you must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, squat, and lean for extended periods.
● Basic knowledge of auto detailing, paint application processes, and associated repair procedures (preferred but not required).
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.