VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for the organization and distribution of vehicles within their zone. This role makes the decisions for staging vehicles and also makes decisions for the timing of the van crews to pick up. This position is also responsible labelling all cars in preparation for crew leader movements. Safe management of move areas on the auction property and the coordination of crews between each area in compliance with safety and driving rules.
The Zone Owner is required to demonstrate courtesy and defensive driving principles within their zone area.
- Organize and maintain the placement of vehicles within the designated zone or move area to the defined standard established by lot operations leadership.
- On a daily basis utilize information from the Supervisor and Lot Ops dashboards to make move decisions to stage their assigned zone area.
- Responsible for continuous improvement efforts relating to safety and efficient movement of vehicles in and out of their assigned zone area.
- Move vehicles and stage them in a safe arrangement to their proper work destinations to eliminate multiple drop off points and less than full loads.
- Confirm that all vehicles can operate safely, and engage service and tow teams when inoperable vehicles are found.
- Label vehicles with sale and routing labels to maintain accurate movements and eliminate the need for crew leaders to print and label staged units before transport.
- Communicate with crew leaders and managers regarding the status of inventory levels within the defined move area and make the decision of what is priority.
- Set an example in behavior by championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Implement all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Be a visible representation of Manheim’s safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures, and modeling the behaviors related to these directives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
What’s In It For You?
For all you’ll do to serve up amazing auction experiences, we’ll support you with an awesome combo platter of opportunities and incentives. Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Competitive pay and employee discounts, even on cars!
- If you’re full-time, you’ll have access to even more benefits, such as comprehensive healthcare, 401(k) + company match, generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer, life & disability insurance, and more!
- You’ll work in a fast-charged culture and with teams that respect your role, your experience, your contributions, and you as a person. We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
- Your road is wide open with opportunities. Take a new road. Change lanes into another Cox company business. Get promoted. The sky’s the limit. Cox will support you on your journey of unlimited possibilities with ongoing training, free online classes, and mentoring programs to help you create the career you dream about.
- You’ll become a part of a movement for good at a company making bold social and environmental commitments. This is a place you can feel good about working because you’ll be a part of creating positive change through your work and the Cox culture.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of identifying (i.e., flat tires, low gas, jump starting vehicles.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months auction or driving experience preferred.
- Knowledge of lot operations/lot layout preferred.
- Knowledge of LDM preferred.
- Required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear, vision abilities required to include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distance.
- Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.