VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for formulating and applying properly mixed and dispensed automotive refinish materials to vehicle surfaces and sub-assemblies, using spray-painting equipment, power tools and other related equipment. Adherence to procedures defined in Manheim’s Body Shop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) is required.
· Inspect panels to be painted for proper body repair, prepping and/or masking and notify manager when imperfections are found before applying any refinish coatings.
· Assure all refinish products are properly formulated to meet color match and finish texture expectations, utilizing all tools and techniques provided by paint suppliers technical support system (i.e., TDS, color match system, etc.).
· Mix only the amount of refinish products (primer, base and clear) required to cover repair/refinish area and limit waste, using paint suppliers “mix-management system”.
· Apply refinish coatings, using only approved, provided HVLP spray equipment set at recommended pressure.
· Apply automotive refinish coatings in designated, properly vented application area as directed by management.
· Assure paint area (i.e., booth, prep station, etc.) and paint mix/storage rooms are clean and all refinish products are stored as directed.
· Clean and maintain all paint formulation and spray application equipment (i.e., paint guns, mixing system, computer equipment, etc.) in proper working order, as directed by management.
· Update all paint supplier color, technical data and MSDS material as received.
· Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
· Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
· Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., provide technical assistance and train new employees, manage paint inventory to meet production, etc.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
· 5 years of automotive painting experience preferred.
· Valid HAPS Paint Training Certification preferred.
· Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
· Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
· ASE certified automotive paint preparation and application preferred.
· Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
· Ability to lift 1-15 pounds (i.e., light hand tools, etc).
· Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.