VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position ensures that vehicles leaving the detail shop all have approved reconditioning work (Inspection, Mechanical, Body and Detail) completed and detailed to customer standards by inspecting vehicles upon notification that reconditioning work is completed.
- Inspect completion and verify the quality of any and all reconditioning work approved and completed is in accordance with approved work, customer specifications and contract standards. Examine visually and by touch if necessary. Bring any incomplete and approved work to the manager's attention immediately.
- Check wash bay steps by inspecting trunk jambs, looking for grease on hinges, bugs, fender wells and lower splash shields, etc.
- Check interior cleaning steps by inspecting ashtrays, dashboards, panels, vinyl, windows, carpets and upholstery, and making sure debris is removed, etc.
- Check buffing steps by verifying that dressing was properly applied to the engine and tires and that the vehicle was waxed, buffed and polished to appropriate standards.
- Check final touch-up by inspecting windows, bumpers, moldings, wax, etc.
- Reject vehicles not meeting standards and return to detail shop for redo. Generate appropriate reports and re-inspect problem vehicles to ensure quality standards are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 2-4 years experience in a detail shop or re-conditioning work, or as a quality control inspector preferred.
Competencies/Skills: Valid Driver's License and safe driving record required. Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be detail-oriented.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Ability to lift 1-15 pounds. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and outdoor weather. Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazard, fumes, dust and odors. Moderate noise level.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.