VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
***This position will offer a $1,000 signing bonus to be paid out at 90 days of employment***
A Field Inspector II functions as a member of the Manheim Express team for a designated region with the primary responsibilities of providing accurate and complete documentation of overall vehicle condition within the parameters of a Manheim Express Inspection.
- Locate, start, move, inspect, and return vehicles on dealer’s lots safely.
- Conduct thorough assessment of vehicle condition following the Manheim Express Inspection process.
- Verify vehicle identification and enter accurate vehicle information into the inspection system to correct VIN, mileage, and sub series.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and options, documenting results including damage, missing or inoperable items.
- Inspect and record vehicle exterior condition, including but not limited to tires, frame, glass, panels, and mechanical components.
- Inspect and record the vehicle interior condition, including but not limited to seats, dashboard, and options.
- Perform basic mechanical checks on vehicles including powertrain, drivetrain, and electrical components.
- Functions as a solid team player and work closely with teammates, field sales, and customer care to create a superior customer experience.
- Utilize SalesForce.com for reporting, lead input and customer performance reviews.
- Inform and educate dealers of changes in auction policies and procedures.
- Partner with our Clients to inspect vehicles at their location and ask for more inventory.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Advanced automotive knowledge preferred.
- 1-2 years of any automotive related experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Reliable transportation is required. Mileage reimbursed.
- Travel 100%
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Experience in navigating handheld and other documentation devices preferred.
- Motivated to work independently with remote supervision.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instruction is required.
- Body, paint, and mechanical repair knowledge helpful.
- Familiarity with unibody and full-frame helpful.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 30 lbs. at waist level for an extended period of time.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Frequently required to crouch, bend, and kneel to look at side or underneath car. Strength to lift hood or trunk. Bend while performing audits. Reach inside or underneath vehicle.
- Near vision abilities required to find dings and scratches, paint work, hail damage, frame/unibody, other exterior damage and Interior damage. Able to identify exterior or interior colors.
- Ability to deal with different lighting (i.e. exterior and interior lighting, natural and artificial light)
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.