VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position supervises and directs the daily operation of the Mechanics and Inspectors supporting the Retail Services operations. The development of the assigned staff, management of work quality and quantity, plus delivery of completed vehicles will be primary responsibility.
Eligible for a $3,000 Sign On Bonus. $1,500 After completion of 30 days of employment with Manheim and $1,500 after completion of 180 days with Manheim.
• Supervise the activities of a team of mechanics and mechanical inspectors to complete a detailed mechanical inspection, prepare reconditioning estimates and then complete repairs as approved by the customer.
• Supervise the proper staging, flow and inspection of vehicles processed through the Retail Services Inspection/Mechanical operation to meet customer requirements and timely completion of available vehicles
• Establish production goals for Mechanical repair/Inspection shop employees and determine manpower levels and schedules based on anticipated business volume.
• Oversee the quality control inspection of vehicles according to Manheim Retail Service standards.
• Oversee maintenance and protection of shop equipment. Control the use of supplies, materials and equipment.
• Ability to complete minor to complex diagnosis and repairs to all vehicle systems including:
• Drivability diagnosis and repairs, including complete working knowledge of vehicle operating system and scan/electronic tools utilized in drivability repairs
• Complete vehicle electrical system diagnosis and repairs, including but not limited to lighting, drivetrain electrical, interior/dash and accessories
• Major engine mechanical and driveline component diagnosis, repair and replacement including engine, transmission, differential.
• Complete A/C system repairs including evacuate and recharge system. Must have Macs 609 certification to complete these repairs.
• Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and safe manner at all times.
• Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and Manheim’s safety standards.
• Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
• Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as defined/directed by management.
• Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs.
• Coach, counsel, and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance. Complete and/or assist Mechanical Manager with performance appraisals and other performance management processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of relevant experience in related field; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience..
• 5 ASE certifications are preferred.
• Ability to write estimates that meet customer guidelines and contractual compliance.
• Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology changes as they occur.
• Industry certifications such as electrical and A/C preferred.
• Front end, suspension and brake certifications desired.
• Computer and Scan tool/drivability diagnosis knowledge preferred.
• Dealership and manufacturers certification required.
• Must have diesel and transmission experience.
• OEM Mechanical Certification Preferred.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.