VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for generating accurate and timely estimates for reconditioning services offered to all
wholesale and retail clients on consigned vehicles. The estimator will examine damaged vehicles and
identify/document recommended work for client approval. Estimates will be generated with Manheim estimating
PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITES
• Clearly and accurately create vehicle repair estimates based on damages, paint, color match, and
• Able to utilize estimating tool to provide accurate estimates
• Document damages in estimating tool to provide visibility to the client
• Proficient in up to 2 client account standards
• Adheres to all company safety standards and reports any unsafe conditions through appropriate
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• 1-3 years of auto experience including service, estimatics, insurance adjuster and/or appraiser
experience ( Internal a minimum of a level III condition writer experience)
• Understands vehicle repair estimates based on damages, paint, color match, and blending procedures
• Competent knowledge in estimating software in Mitchell and/or Xtime including associated
• Competent in examination of damaged vehicles to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical
and/or interior damage
• Understands vehicle materials including, but not limited to magnesium, aluminum, UHSS, HSS
• Understands repairability of panels including PDR, body repairs, body lines, and panels that require
rivets and adhesive bonding
• Competnet in determining feasibility of repair versus replacement of parts
• Proficient in taking photos to support estimate items for quicker processing
• Understanding of vehicles and parts that require recalibrations and functionality resets
• Able to learn and understand paint products including primers, PPG, Dupont, BASF, Sikkens including
paint procedures, color match, and prep.
• Knowledge of all R&I items for repairs, refinish procedures including adjacent panels and glass
• Knowledge of frame types and damages including buckles, kinks, bends, sag, sway, and crush zones
• Understanding of inertia damages to adjacent panels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills regarding customer repairs and supplement items
to ensure customer satisfaction
• Competent in all quality control checks for repair completion per SOP and client guidelines
• OE, ASE, & I-Car certifications preferred
• Understanding of types of wheels and repairability including chrome, chrome clad, machine finish,
steel, and painted wheels
• Understanding of previous repairs including hidden damage, cracked bonding, filler, welds, caulking,
clamp marks, pull areas, paint, inner panel color match and scratches versus paint cracks
• Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal
with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Communicate effectively with vendors, clients, and team members
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g. tools, equipment).
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
• Regular exposure to weather conditions, fumes, and noise.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.