VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
- Supervise the inspection of vehicles to ensure the required repairs and work is satisfactorilycompleted.
- Manage the workflow and activities of the shop employees to ensure that all vehicles are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established Manheim quality standards.
- Monitor process and work with production employees to ensure SOP is being adhered too.
- Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
- Communicate, discuss and resolve reconditioning goals, results and problems with the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all services are accounted for and appropriately charged against the vehicle.
- Assist manager in counseling and disciplining employees as necessary, monitoring and evaluating employee job performance, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Use PT Scanner, VCF and any management tool to track production and post charges.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Monitor and control the use of supplies, materials and equipment for the recon shop and with approval of the department manager purchase equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Monitor and aide in ensuring established guidelines for a safe work environment are met to achieve compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance
- against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager. May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma with 5 years of relevant experience and/or BA/BS with 3 years of relevant experience. No Education, 7 years of relevant work experience.
- 2 – 5 years vehicle reconditioning, detailing, mechanical, and/or body shop experience required depending on the departmental specialty.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations preferred
- Excellent people, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required. Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills required.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required. Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.