VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Pit boss. Coach. Crew Leader. The titles may be different, but they’re all synonymous with someone who leads a team of high-performance drivers in the auto industry, whether it’s Daytona, Indianapolis, or the world’s largest, most comprehensive wholesale vehicle marketplace – Manheim.
Manheim, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses, is looking for a Crew Leader to coach our teams with winning strategies to move vehicles, employees, and customers safely around our multi-acre lots like champions.
What You’ll Do
Manheim’s massive auction lot is your playing field. Your driving teams – rookies and pros alike – will look to you for the second-to-second strategic decisions that will catapult us into the lead by safely moving thousands of vehicles for our auctions. But that’s only a part of how you’ll drive our success.
● Train new drivers, and help them find their place on your tight-knit team.
● Coach and monitor all drivers on safety procedures.
● Make sure each auction is adequately staffed and assist in communicating schedules and assignments.
● Keep an auction day playbook with each Manheim vehicle stock number and lot location, ensuring each vehicle is where it should be when it needs to be.
● Collaborate with your lot manager and quadrant coordinator to move vehicles and people to ensure each auction operates like a well-oiled high-performance engine, purring smoothly, safely, and without incident.
● Transport drivers, customers, and employees to locations as needed and on schedule.
● Perform daily van maintenance, including cleaning, and routine oil changes and upkeep, on vans.
What’s In It For You?
We’re asking you to be your best so we want to offer you our best.
● Career fulfillment, ample compensation, benefits, and the ability to successfully balance work with your family life is vital to living your best life.
● Also key is working as part of a culture and team that respects you, values your leadership, experience and contributions. We believe recognition is important, and Cox works to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
● For full-time roles, you’ll enjoy a market-competitive salary package including 401(k) + generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability insurance benefits, paid time off including time off to volunteer, and employee discounts, even on cars!
● Your road is wide open with opportunities. Change lanes to another Cox company. Get promoted. The sky’s the limit. Cox believes in developing leaders from within our companies, and we’ll support you on your journey of unlimited possibilities with free online classes, training, and mentoring programs to help you put your career into overdrive.
Who You Are
You know the model and year of cars like the back of your hand. You’ve got a passion for cars and trucks, and being around them and people who love them gets your adrenaline pumping.
You’re a people person, and those people listen to and instinctively trust you. You’re a natural leader with a knack for coaching others. Enthusiastic? You bet! Not to mention supportive, knowledgeable, and goal-oriented. To top it off, you’re a clear communicator.
You’re looking for more than just a job; you want a career. A place where you can grow your skills and your income. A place with opportunities. That place is Manheim, a part of Cox Automotive.
● High school diploma or GED.
● Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
● Ability to drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
● Basic mechanical experience (changing flat tires, checking fluids, jump-starting vehicles, etc.).
● Overtime may be required on occasion.
● 6 months auction or driving experience.
● General knowledge of automotive lot layouts and auction operations.
● Knowledge of local roads, hotels, airports, and restaurants as you could potentially shuttle customers around the immediate area of our auction lot.
● Pass medical exam for CDL driver's license, if necessary.
● Able to lift at least 15 lbs.
● This is a physically demanding, fast-paced job in a chaotic environment. You’ll need to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, reach, hear, and talk for extended times.
● Ability to work in varying weather conditions, tolerate elevated noise levels and ongoing car exhaust fumes.
● Vision: ability to see close, distance, color variations, depth perception, and adjust focus.
Join the Cox family of businesses, and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.