VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
What’s In It For You?
For all you’ll do to serve up amazing auction experiences, we’ll support you with an awesome combo platter of opportunities and incentives. Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Competitive pay and employee discounts, even on cars!
- If you’re full-time, you’ll have access to even more benefits, such as comprehensive healthcare, 401(k) + company match, generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer, life & disability insurance, and more!
- You’ll work in a fast-charged culture and with teams that respect your role, your experience, your contributions, and you as a person. We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
- Your road is wide open with opportunities. Take a new road. Change lanes into another Cox company business. Get promoted. The sky’s the limit. Cox will support you on your journey of unlimited possibilities with ongoing training, free online classes, and mentoring programs to help you create the career you dream about.
- You’ll become a part of a movement for good at a company making bold social and environmental commitments. This is a place you can feel good about working because you’ll be a part of creating positive change through your work and the Cox culture.
- Maximize the number of transactions on OVE. Promote all listings onsite and offsite.
- Educate customers on Online Vehicle Exchange, Simulcast, Manheim.com and on other Manheim services & products. Provide assistance and training in usage.
- Provide consultation to customers regarding setting of floor prices prior to every sale and educate dealers if needed to MMR. This will guarantee a success of a dealer’s in-lane and online offerings and ensure Manheim sets realistic dealer expectations on selling cars.
- Represents the Dealer Sales Lane at the location on sale days —promotes services such as Manheim Certified, accept and solicits reserve numbers from Dealers, assigns run numbers, reps vehicles on the block, works “IF” counter, up sells products and services, etc.
- Works with lane, department managers, market sales team, and other coordinators to ensure each vehicle crosses the auction block on sale day and or is posted on OVE; also responsible for ensuring vehicles are re‐ran if needed.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves customer problems and issues; serves as a liaison between customers, sales teams, and location personnel to reconcile problems and to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Works directly with customer onsite, via email & phone to ensure expectations are met and service issues are resolved.
- Champions all sale day preparations (pre/post activities) related to in‐lane and online sales.
- Demonstrates professionalism and sincere appreciation for the business relationships that have been established amongst the dealers and Manheim.
- Assist with customer care issues and respond to dealer inquiries, problems, or concerns in a professional manner and escalate as necessary.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with dealers over the phone, online and at the Auction through planned contact and meetings, as well as feedback sessions regarding Auction and online use and services.
- Serve as initial contact for buyers and sellers.
- Load inventory for dealers including no sales, transfer inventory from AutoTrader/others and vehicles with condition reports.
- Review vehicles in sale line up, locate missing vehicles, and work with account representative to ensure vehicles are ready for sale.
- Solicit inventory and offer additional services to all buyers (PSIs, recon, CRs).
- Identify sold units and facilitate transactions through completion to include but not limited to the following:
-Monitor notifications generated online (e.g., purchase confirmation).
-Confirm availability and location of vehicle (and title) at the time of sale.
-Generate and maintain required documentation for all transactions (e.g., Auction Bill of Sale, Gate Release).
- Work with manager to ensure a consistent and effective online and in-lane customer experience, appropriate transaction processing, high customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Walk vehicles for/with account representative and make recommendations for reconditioning to increase vehicle value
- Reviews vehicles in sales line‐up, locates missing vehicles, and works with customers and operations to ensure that vehicles are prepared for sale (i.e., approval for repairs, frame checks, mileage, and VIN check).
- Coordinates with Recon shops to ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Works closely with vehicle check‐in and lot operations to ensure all work is completed on dealer vehicles (i.e., recon, inspections, details, etc.).
- Contacts inside support if units are pulled from the sale or online for work not being completed or mechanical issues so this can be communicated to the customer.
- Work with lot operations and quadrant coordinators to ensure appropriate scanning and organization of account vehicles.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Effective communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment
- Computer skills, including ability use Internet and MS Office
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills required
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.