VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Are you looking to build an organization of the future? What’s your vision for our business? Are you a leader who will inspire other leaders? Focus on growing your talent? Do you want to be the face of our company to operationalize our vision? Are you driven to succeed and looking to work for the best in the media advertising industry? Bring your ambition to Cox Media! We are looking for a Vice President of Media Sales who can hit the ground running with their vision for the future and implementing it. Someone who can motivate a passionate and energetic team.
Our teams provide the most innovative digital media and TV advertising solutions in the marketplace. Our robust portfolio of digital platforms connects advertisers to fulfill their goals. “Anyone, anywhere, any screen” is at the center of every advertising plan with Cox Media, and the foundation of our history of success.
To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Winners Circle and other award programs – we celebrate success!
- Career advancement across the Cox Enterprises portfolio
- Work-life balance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
- 401(K) with generous company match
- Mentoring and training programs
- Commitment to our communities through volunteer opportunities
Our teams represent the most reputable brands in the industry including ESPN, AMC, FX, Bravo and many more. Our digital product offerings allow us to reach targeted audiences using geo-conversion zones, keyword and search retargeting, video pre-roll and location-based audience segments. Additionally, we leverage unique data sources, both first and third party to enhance our multi-platform solutions, We are looking to hire an energetic, passionate senior leader who will grow their team, take care of our people who will then take care of our customers.
The VP of Media Sales will oversee and lead the activities of the Florida/Georgia/Alabama Cox Media markets as well as potential out of market teams. They will be located in Pensacola, FL. The VP is responsible for achieving annual market revenue and cashflow goals while balancing growing talent with a focus on a people first culture. They will be challenged to accept and drive change as our marketplace and our customer’s needs rapidly change. Experience in the past media landscape is respected however, we are looking for a visionary leader with future outlook baked into their plan.
We are looking for a strategic leader with a people first focus. They must have a vision for the future of our business not relying on historic approaches but instead challenging the current status quo with a provocative approach with the goal of growth. Growth our people, our customer’s business, and our company. Our VP will partner with our center team to bring our future mission to life, playing an active role in strategizing and bringing these initiatives to market. It won’t always be easy and sometimes it might take longer than expected. We need a leader that will lead during these changing and sometimes challenging times!
Our VP serves as the local “face of the company” to effectively operationalize the vision and goals of the overall enterprise in the market, and the “face of the customer” to the center to ensure customer needs are reflected in enterprise strategies. They will also be responsible for building a highly successful team by recruiting, training, and leading talented leaders and employees. This includes in virtual and hybrid environment.
- Develops, implements, and maintains strategies that unites teams and reinforces culture of empowered team members
- Provides leadership to create and coordinate resources to achieve market P&L and operating objectives.
- Develops and implements short and long-range, targeted growth strategies that significantly increase revenue, account base growth and profit margins.
- Represent the local market and customer perspective as you actively participate in center strategic projects that bring our future-focused vision to life.
- Collaborates with peer functional leaders in marketing, operations and sales to align overall priorities, track and measure progress and drive appropriate changes to achieve Cox Media goals.
- Provides local execution of company vision and strategies, and effectively communicates and executes these strategies consistently across the entire employee base in the assigned market.
- Hires, trains, motivates and guides direct reports and local employees. Ensures a inclusive and growth work environment that will attract and maintain a workforce of talented and satisfied employees.
- Responsible for building empowered high performing teams and cultivating deep talent pipelines for succession planning at all levels
- Lead a group of employees that may be hybrid or completely virtual.
- Participate in ERG’s and mentoring circles to enhance the employee experience.
- Develops and maintains market intelligence and an understanding of market and economic trends, client business needs, and industry reactions to the company's initiatives and industry environment.
- Leads development and implementation of sales structure in the local markets designed to drive high customer satisfaction, reduce cost to serve, lower churn, and ultimately increase revenue with all customer segments.
- Develops and monitors metrics for maximizing performance and establishes annual budget targets for all products and lines of business to meet company objectives,
- Provides guidance and feedback to corporate partners to ensure the proper training / skill development and selection tools are available for sales consultants and other functional employees. Continuously providing feedback and optimize ideas.
- Effectively executes business goals in a shared services environment – including fulfillment, IT and client services.
- Develops close partnership with other field VPs to foster consistency in execution across all standardized roles, teams, strategies, and tactics while sharing best practices
- Take on leadership roles within the field VP team to lead projects and drive innovation.
- Works with product management teams and local specialists for effective product rollout, budgeting and sales execution of each product.
- Leverages extensive network contacts and relationships in a way that creates a competitive advantage for Cox Media as well as identifies and maximizes opportunities to build relationships in the community.
- Ensures that operation conforms to local, state and federal governmental regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience leading high performing sales teams. Including digital sales, media or B2B. Specific experience in media sales strongly preferred.
- Experience in transforming organizations and building strategic plans for the future preferred.
- Experience developing a future vision and implementing it for success.
- Must be a people focused leader with a pulse on growing current talent as well recruitment.
- Experience managing high-performing sales teams with quotas required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated presentation skills.
- A strong business acumen, market-driven orientation with the ability to translate ideas into tangible business plans.
- Functional experience that encompasses knowledge of advertising, digital, marketing, sales, customer service, finance, human resources, and operations (including best practices).
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred; Masters’ degree a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.