VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Conducts inspections of incoming vehicles to detect damage, missing parts and mechanical problems; prepare and submit report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates and related documentation.
- Conduct assessment of vehicle condition upon receipt noting any damage or repair required for frame, paint, engine, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tires, etc.
- Prepare support documentation related to vehicle condition including vehicle identification data, condition description; repair costs estimates, photographs, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable labor rates, parts charges and manufacturer's updates; adhere to work instructions/procedures regarding inspections/documentation
- Conduct OVE courtesy walk around inspections
- Follow all applicable safety and health related procedures
- May be required to locate, start and move vehicles as directed
- Perform other job related duties as directed by supervisor
Change & Innovation
- Frequently considers what the best way to do things is and looks for ways to streamline and/or improve work processes
- Draws from a variety of sources and experiences to identify alternative solutions
- Adapts in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty
- Embraces changes affecting one’s area
- Focuses on customer needs and preferences in delivering work product
- Delivers impactful, timely solutions that are meaningful to the customer
- Follows up with customers to ensure problems are solved
- Shares information and explains procedures in a way that is easy for others to understand
- Adapts personal style and approach to quickly establish rapport and maintains professional demeanor in all customer situations
- Demonstrates “we versus me” thinking
- Willingly provides assistance and support to others
- Works cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Addresses and resolves conflict directly and constructively
- Builds a relationship network within and across departments
- Drives, Results, and Plans appropriately for daily work and projects
- Delivers consistently strong performance that co-workers can rely upon
- Ensures manager and others are advised of problems or obstacles in sufficient time for action to be taken
- Recognizes when to escalate a problem to the next level and when to handle it individually
- Negotiates/re-negotiates priorities and competing demands for one’s time
- Maintains a proper pace
- Provides clear and thorough information to others (e.g., verbal, written, email, Communication presentations, meetings)
- Listens actively and carefully to others opinions and ideas
- Shares viewpoints openly and directly with others
- Shares timely information with relevant parties
Develops Self and Others
- Seeks opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Shares own experience and expertise with others
- Accepts feedback openly, without becoming defensive
- Learns from experiences, including successes, setbacks, and/or resistance
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- ASE certification or background in automotive repair, and cost estimating preferred
- Knowledge ICAR Certifications preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required
- Basic computer software skills required
- Ability to multitask required
- Must be detail oriented
- General knowledge of automotive body and mechanical work preferred
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception
- Previous body shop experience, mechanical experience, estimating experience preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.