VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Automotive Technician IV
From the casual commuter to the ride-or-die road warrior, everyone depends on an Automotive Technician to make sure their Point-A-to-Point-B journey is on point. Then, there are a rare few who are so accomplished at auto tech that they work on fleet vehicles, getting them ready for auction action. If you’ve got this kind of ability and ambition to work at such a level, then Manheim, a part of the Cox family of businesses, may be your next copilot.
What You’ll Do
This is more than just auto service. It’s an endless swimming pool amusement park of opportunity! Connecting with customers, with new employees, with management – you’ll be as plugged in as a charging Tesla. This is an upper-level gig, providing high quality maintenance and repairs on Manheim fleet vehicles. You’ll take good care of customers and everyone’s bottom line. Some days you’ll fly solo, other times, you’ll be part of a well-oiled team machine. Either way, you got this. Here’s a rundown of other responsibilities for this ride:
● Conduct service requirement diagnosis on vehicles.
● Schedule and assign work under direction of service facility management.
● Advise and oversee service personnel work assignments.
● Work with management to monitor work volume, prepare work plans, and
keep leadership advised of any issues.
● Train service personnel.
● Provide orientation to new employees.
● Perform quality checks control on completed work.
● Monitor parts and supplies inventories, and order stock as needed.
● Ensure tools and equipment are maintained and always in working
● Know and follow all safety procedures.
What’s In It For You?
• Let’s face it, you can’t get the job done without the right tools. At Manheim, you’ll be working with some of the most advanced and innovative tools & technology available, which will allow you to help each car live its best life.
• Cox is a big believer in developing leaders from within the company, and once you’re with us, we’ll support your efforts to find an ideal mentor, train for other opportunities, and make moves within the business that support your goals. Whether you’re looking to accelerate your path, or shift gears, we’re here to fuel your journey. When it comes to your career, we care about the details.
• You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay and generous incentives. If you’re full-time, there’s tons of other perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not expect (e.g., tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (crazy cool, right?) and much more…).
• As part of the Cox team, you’ll be a part of a culture that puts people first, and believes in being a force for good in our communities as well as for the planet (more specifically – Earth, though we like them all).
Who You Are
You know what makes cars tick, from the transmission to the tailpipe. In fact, outside of boxing matches in Vegas, you’re the best fixer in the game. You’re a natural leader, able to guide people through things like training and orientation with confidence and a touch of charisma. You’ve got the stamina for a job that keeps you on your feet and a mind that is dedicated to fine details.
● Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
● Ability to work safely in a fast-paced, outdoor work environment.
● Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
● High school diploma or GED.
● Ability to obtain Class A or B Operator’s License if required.
● Valid state inspection license.
● A.S.E. Master Certification.
● 3+ years of vehicle repair experience.
● One year of customer service experience.
● Good organizational and communications skills.
● Exhibit strong leadership and customer service skills.
● Detail oriented.
● Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, talk, hear, stoop, bend, kneel,
crouch, squat, climb, and tolerate excess noise levels and car exhaust.
Able to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
● Vision requirements: close, distance and color vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.