VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Automotive Technician III
Eligibile for a $4,000 Sign On Bonus $2,000 after Completion of 30 days with Manheim and $2,000 upon completion 180 days with Manheim
From drive belts to drain hoses, tires to tachometers, it’s the Automotive Technician that makes sure a ride is road ready. At Manheim, part of the Cox family of businesses, our Auto Techs mix maintenance with a touch of magic. If you think you might be on board for this kind of road trip, hop in…or rather, read on.
What You’ll Do
If you enjoy being under the car or under the hood, this gig will have you on top of the world, baby. We’ll look to you to care for cars and tend to trucks, from bumper to bumper. But there’s more to it than that. Here’s a list of some of the main responsibilities for this starring role as an auto tech titan:
● Perform preventive maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter,
transmission flush, and inspect vehicle for mechanical flaws.
● Perform diesel and transmission repairs.
● Depending upon certification levels, perform various repairs and
maintenance which may include (you ready for this list?): OBD II systems,
brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts,
electrical systems, state safety Inspections, interior/exterior components,
engine and drive line components, etc.
● May repair and maintain shop equipment.
● Know and follow all safety procedures.
● Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records. May up fit
vehicles with necessary equipment.
● Troubleshoot and repair complex hydraulic systems, generators, and
electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems on
● Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment
design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
● Assures prompt repairs by working with vendors for parts and repairs.
● May perform roadside assistance as needed.
What’s In It For You?
• Let’s face it, you can’t get the job done without the right tools. At Manheim, you’ll be working with some of the best tools around, which will allow you to help each car live its best life.
• Cox is a big believer in developing leaders from within the company, and once you’re with us, we’ll support your efforts to find an ideal mentor, train for other opportunities, and make moves within the business that support your goals. Whether you’re looking to accelerate your path, or shift gears, we’re here to fuel your journey. When it comes to your career, we care about the details.
• You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay and generous incentives. If you’re full-time, there’s tons of other perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not expect (e.g., tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (crazy cool, right?) and much more…).
• As part of the Cox team, you’ll be a part of a culture that puts people first, and believes in being a force for good in our communities as well as for the planet (more specifically – Earth, though we like them all).
- Hourly pay rate is $30.00 – 34.66/hour. The hourly rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
Who You Are
You’re a torque wrench-wielding surgeon for everything on four wheels. The idea of a big repair is an exciting challenge to you, and you love nothing more than rolling up your sleeves and bringing cars and trucks back to glorious, asphalt-hugging life. With five-plus years of service work under your belt, you’ve got a knack for everything from electrical to fabrication work, and your own track record on the road is rock solid. You’re also comfortable with certain discomforts, such as the crazy positions that auto tech work sometimes requires, along with the all-weather conditions that come from working outdoors.
● High school diploma or GED (or 5+ years of related work experience
servicing vehicles instead of the degree).
● Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
● Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
● 5+ years automotive service and repair experience.
● Diesel and transmission experience.
● Medium/heavy truck, booms/hydraulics, electrical, complex repairs, design,
and fabrication experience.
● One year of customer service experience.
● Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
● Some A.S.E. Automotive or Truck certification or other related
● Continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with
technology and fleet changes as they occur.
● Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, talk, hear, stoop, bend, kneel,
crouch, squat, climb, and tolerate excess noise levels, car exhaust and
● Vision requirements: close, distance and color vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.