VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for parts ordering within the retail collision center and auction paint and body repair departments, as directed by management. This position is also responsible for ensuring the vehicle repairs meet customer expectations.
• Place orders for both collision center and auction paint and body repair shops. • Receive parts in system. • Check all received parts to ensure parts ordered are correct.
• Validate and communicate that correct parts were ordered in a timely manner.
• Return parts for credit.
• Match parts to correct invoices. Return invoices to front office daily.
• Order shop supplies including paint ordering and general shop labor supplies.
• Assist with inventory management and ensures that all shop equipment, supplies and tools are in good, clean working order at all times.
• Provide monthly inventory to accounting.
• Perform quality control checks on all work; notify immediate supervision of exceptional or unsatisfactory work or other factors hindering work accomplishment.
• Ensure customer expectations are met on all completed work.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management. May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. • Solid computer skills required. • Effective communication skills and organizational skills required. Strong attention to detail and follow-through required.
• Experience in installing/ordering automotive parts preferred.
• Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
• Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of bodywork, frame damage and minor mechanical repairs.
• Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Customer focused with strong attention to detail.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
• Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
• Ability to constantly enter and exit vehicles.
• Ability to lift 1 – 15 pounds (i.e., starters, alternators, A/C units, etc).
• Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.