VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Automotive Technician I
Eligible for a $5,000 Sign On Bonus. $2,500 after 30 days of employment with Manheim, and $2,500 after 180 days of employment with Manheim.
If you’ve got a knack for getting vehicles back on track from bumper to bumper, you might be right for this gig as an Automotive Tech for Manheim, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses. For this job, we’re looking for a masterful mechanic whose automotive tech chops are top-shelf, and can repair, fine tune, replace and make vehicles run in tip-top shape.
What You’ll Do
From taking cars apart to putting them together, you’ll use your tools and talent to turn problems into profit for our clients and Manheim. Here are just a few of the fuel-injected fixes you’ll be asked to drive home:
● Perform preventive maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter,
transmission flush, and inspect vehicle for mechanical flaws, as well as
changing and repairing tires.
● Depending upon certification levels, perform various repairs and
maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components,
tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems,
state safety inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive
line components, etc.
● May repair and maintain shop equipment.
● Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records. May up fit
vehicles with necessary equipment.
● Know and follow all safety procedures.
What’s In It For You?
• Let’s face it, you can’t get the job done without the right tools. At Manheim, you’ll be working with some of the best tools around, which will allow you to help each car live its best life.
• Cox is a big believer in developing leaders from within the company, and once you’re with us, we’ll support your efforts to find an ideal mentor, train for other opportunities, and make moves within the business that support your goals. Whether you’re looking to accelerate your path, or shift gears, we’re here to fuel your journey. When it comes to your career, we care about the details.
• You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay and generous incentives. If you’re full-time, there’s tons of other perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not expect (e.g., tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (crazy cool, right?) and much more…)
• As part of the Cox team, you’ll be a part of a culture that puts people first, and believes in being a force for good in our communities as well as for the planet (more specifically – Earth, though we like them all).
Who You Are
You’re confident with the right tools in your hand, and you can bring vehicles back to life with your abilities to repair and restore. You’re cool behind the wheel of any kind of ride, and take great care with how you drive. You’re comfortable with all the rigors that come with working on a vehicle – outdoors and in the elements — and believe that the best way to raise your game is to take advantage of training opportunities as they roll your way.
● High school diploma or GED (or 1+ years of related work experience
servicing vehicles instead of the degree).
● Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
● Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
● Continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with
technology and fleet changes as they occur.
● Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, talk, hear, stoop, bend, kneel,
crouch, squat, climb, and tolerate excess noise levels and car exhaust.
● Vision requirements: close, distance and color vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.