VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Eligible for a $5,000 Sign On Bonus. Days for payout will be different based on the agreed selection from client group and within the guidelines provided
This position is a mid- level vehicle Technician who provides high quality vehicle maintenance and repairs for fleet vehicles with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a cost-effective manner. This Technician may work independently or in a team environment.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicles for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light repairs as required.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance with safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records. May up-fit new vehicles with the necessary equipment.
- Performs some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, and some fabrication.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What’s In It For You?
• Let’s face it, you can’t get the job done without the right tools. At Manheim, you’ll be working with some of the most advanced and innovative tools & technology available, allowing you to make every repair remarkable.
• Cox is a big believer in developing leaders from within the company, and once you’re with us, we’ll support your efforts to find an ideal mentor, train for other opportunities, and make moves within the business that support your goals. Whether you’re looking to accelerate your path, or shift gears, we’re here to fuel your journey. When it comes to your career, we care about the details.
• You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay and generous incentives. If you’re full-time, there’s tons of other perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not expect (e.g., tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (crazy cool, right?) and much more…)
• As part of the Cox team, you’ll be a part of a culture that puts people first, and believes in being a force for good in our communities as well as for the planet (more specifically – Earth, though we like them all).
● High school diploma or GED (or 3+ years of related work experience
servicing vehicles instead of the degree).
● 3+ years vehicle service and repair experience.
● Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
● Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
● Continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with
technology and fleet changes as they occur.
● Requires some A.S.E. Automotive or Truck Certification or other related
● Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, talk, hear, stoop, bend, kneel,
crouch, squat, climb, and tolerate excess noise levels, car exhaust and
outdoor weather conditions.
● Vision requirements: close, distance and color vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.