VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for the facilitation of the after sale inspection for vehicles with a pending arbitration claim and the timely and successful resolution of arbitration claims between buyer and seller in accordance with Auction policies.
• Research and negotiate all arbitration claims to completion by informing buyers and sellers on the process, cost, and timing for completion of the claims process.
• Facilitate dispute and negotiate repair and/or pricing of disputed vehicles in order to reach a mutual benefit to both parties in a timely manner.
• Investigate all arbitration claims (In-lane, Simulcast, OVE) and determine next steps decide if claim is valid or not valid.
• Collaborate with all departments involved on the complaint including the fact finding and investigative phases to decide if claim is valid or not valid.
• Coordinate with mechanical department, inspectors, other auctions, 3rd party vendors, or franchise dealership service departments to have vehicles inspected to determine validity of claimed damage/or repairs, if any, and authorize second opinion if necessary.
• Inspect or investigate to resolve after-sale problems, such as issues with title, mileage, frame damage, etc.
• Investigate and research auction issues with PSI inspections, CR issues, Lot Damage, and Auto Theft claims to completion.
• Handle varying claims for buyers from mechanical, frame or title issues for vehicles.
• Partner with auction departments such as Mechanics, CR Manager, and Title Clerks to serve as SME’s to make recommendations on how to move the case forward to close it out.
• Partner with external dealerships to arrange inspections and diagnosis on arbitration vehicle.
• Pull weekly reports for Leadership Team and Inherited discussion to monitor status to ensure accountability and consistency for departments to make better decisions for the future
• Comply with National Auto Auctions Association (NAAA) guidelines to reach conclusions by using online resource, staying updated on changes through meetings or attending trainings
• Stay up to date on OVE addendum, PSI policy, TRA/Specialty policy, Title information and Emissions equipment
• Supervise and manage arbitration staff by directing the work and determining appropriate work flow by assigning claims based upon skill and claim issue to appropriate clerk
• Manage auction inherit inventory and assist with resale process
• Maintain and develop Arbitration staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees and by providing educational opportunities.
• Counsel and discipline employees as necessary.
• Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
• High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of relevant experience in related field; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• ASE certification, estimating preferred.
• Experience in supervising staff
• Experience in Business/Administrator position
• Valid Driver's License and safe driving record required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Effective report writing and composition skills preferred.
• Competent supervisory and organizational skills required.
• Working knowledge of federal and state laws regarding arbitration of vehicles.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, and climb.
• Ability to lift 1-20 pounds.
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.