VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position manages and directs the vehicle detailing operation placing emphasis on highest quality standards in preparing vehicles for sale, efficiency and maximizing profitability for the Auction.
• Direct activities of the detail shop employees to ensure vehicles are detailed to meet Manheim's quality and service standards.
• Monitor work to ensure deadlines are met prior to sale day.
• Supervise the proper staging, flow and inspection of vehicles on the reconditioning lot and the proper processing of vehicles in preparation for sale.
• Manage process and work with production employees to ensure standard operating procedures are being followed.
• Establish production goals for detail employees and determine manpower levels and schedules based on business volume.
• Purchase equipment, materials and supplies for the detail area and oversee maintenance and protection of shop equipment. Control the use of supplies, materials and equipment.
• Provide and maintain safe work environment by explaining, monitoring and enforcing required Auction safety procedures and complying with OSHA requirements.
• Communicate, discuss and resolve detail shop goals, results and problems with the Manager over Recon.
• Work with the Manager over Recon in preparing the budget as it relates to the detailing function.
• Maintain and develop detail shop staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and by providing educational opportunities.
• Counsel and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
• Depending on auction’s size, may work with Fleet Lease and Factory Managers by communicating the reconditioning process to prospective customers and ensuring that all detail work meets established quality standards.
• May work with National Accounts Manager communicate the detail process to prospective customers and ensure that all detail work meets established quality standards.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
• Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
• Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
• Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Compensation includes a base salary of $57,222 – 80,070. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
• BA/BS degree and 7 years experience with at least 1-year experience in a management or lead role; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Competent computer and AS400 skills needed.
• Experience in the automobile or auction Industry a must.
• Strong communication and interaction skills required.
• Competent management and excellent organizational skills required.
• Valid driver's License and good driving record required.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
• ASE certification automotive body repair or reconditioning preferred.
• Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.