VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position ensures the accurate and efficient processing of vehicle titles by verifying title information is correct, maintaining knowledge of current laws regarding vehicle titles, and interacting with customers and regulatory agencies to resolve title issues.
- Process and re-assign titles for vehicles sold by the auction.
- Examine vehicle title for accuracy and conformity to specified requirements. Verify acceptance of the title in the state for which it is filed. Confirm accurate title VIN number, odometer reading, releases of liens, and that titles contain no alteration, etc.
- Determine negotiability of title document and assess for potential fraud. Report any title discrepancies.
- Resolve titling issues through interaction with customers, dealers and regulatory agencies. Work with manager/supervisor to negotiate price adjustment between buyer and seller for a title problem, if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of current DMV laws and regulations as they relate to vehicle titles and interpret titling regulations in each state for which vehicles are processed.
- Receive and route telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner to the appropriate personnel or department.
- Perform other duties such as processing sale day transactions using the AS400 and providing customer service.
- Run outstanding title reports, review and contact sellers regarding outstanding titles.
- Issue gate passes for no-sale vehicles and purchases.
- Assist with sale day balancing activities.
- Run 15-day outstanding title report for consignment vehicles sold without title. Match invoices against report and contact sellers to obtain title. Notate title status in system.
- Assist with title and check audits.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What’s In It For You?
For all you’ll do to serve up amazing auction experiences, we’ll support you with an awesome combo platter of opportunities and incentives. Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Competitive pay and employee discounts, even on cars!
- If you’re full-time, you’ll have access to even more benefits, such as comprehensive healthcare, 401(k) + company match, generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer, life & disability insurance, and more!
- You’ll work in a fast-charged culture and with teams that respect your role, your experience, your contributions, and you as a person. We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
- Your road is wide open with opportunities. Take a new road. Change lanes into another Cox company business. Get promoted. The sky’s the limit. Cox will support you on your journey of unlimited possibilities with ongoing training, free online classes, and mentoring programs to help you create the career you dream about.
You’ll become a part of a movement for good at a company making bold social and environmental commitments. This is a place you can feel good about working because you’ll be a part of creating positive change through your work and the Cox culture.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic computer software skills required.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- Effective communication skills required.
- 2 or more years of related experience required in the auction/automobile industry or at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must possess good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Notary seals and stamps preferred.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.