VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Inspector (Level 1)
It seems the job title “Inspector” can cover everything from investigating crime at Scotland Yard to confirming Fruit of the Looms are ready for wearing. You’ll be happy to know this Inspector job doesn’t require either of those duties. Instead, it’s a cool gig inspecting incoming vehicles for safety and quality before Manheim (part of the Cox family of businesses) turns them around for auction. So, if you’ve got an eye for all that’s right and wrong with everything on wheels, here’s the deal…
What You’ll Do
You’re the subtle studier of scratches, the one who dusts for dents. But it’s about more than body damage. When auctioning a vehicle, everything from the A/C to the engine have to be humming nicely before sale day. You help us get there, by identifying the flaws and faults, assessing repairs and costs, and documenting it all so we can turn every VIN number into a winning number.
Here’s a breakdown on how you’ll rock your role:
● Conduct assessment of vehicle condition, noting any damage or repair required for frame, paint, engine, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tires, etc.
● Prepare support documentation related to vehicle condition – including vehicle identification data, condition description, repair costs estimates, photographs, etc.
● Maintain current knowledge of applicable labor rates, parts charges and manufacturer's updates; adhere to work instructions/procedures regarding inspections/documentation.
● Conduct courtesy walk-around inspections.
● Follow all applicable safety and health related procedures.
● May be required to locate, start and move vehicles as directed.
What’s In It For You?
You’ll want to inspect this section closely, as we’ve done our best to provide you with the kind of incentives and opportunities that make you feel appreciated for what you do…
● You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay and generous incentives. If you’re full-time, there’s tons of other perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (crazy cool, right?) and much more…).
● You’ll work in a culture that truly values your role and you as a person. We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to uplift those who help make us successful every day. You’ll be part of an organization where relationships are crafted with care and successes celebrated with high fives!
● Boundless career opportunities. Cox provides lateral and upward movement across a diverse family of businesses – from automotive and broadband communications to cleantech and esports. We’ll support you on your journey to explore your passions and evolve your plan. Wherever your vision takes you, we’ll help you get there. And, in this role, as you grow your skills there are advanced Inspector roles potentially waiting for you.
● Become a part of a movement for good at a company making bold social and environmental commitments. Diversity Inc. recently named Cox a Top 3 Company for Philanthropy (2019). This is a place you can feel good about working, because you’ll be a part of growing the good in the communities where we work and live.
We hope your inspection was a positive one and you found no “missing parts” to this list of the ways we’ll reward you for your outstanding work.
Who You Are
You’re the kind of person who straightens a crooked picture because your eye tells you that’s how it needs to be. Multi-tasking? Multi-yes! You’re comfy behind the wheel of all kinds of vehicles and equally at ease with getting down (or up) to study all angles of any given set-of-wheels.
● High school diploma or GED.
● Basic computer skills.
● Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
● Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
● Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and able to multi-task.
● General knowledge of mechanical and automotive body work.
● Previous body shop and mechanical experience.
● Ability to stand, walk, reach, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb.
● Vision requirements: close, distance, depth perception, and color variations.
● Must be able to work in varying weather conditions.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.