VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Dickinson Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Dickinson Fleet Services is one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country! We are currently operating with 500+ mobile trucks and 20+ shops. As a leader and innovator in the mobile fleet service industry, we provide preventative maintenance excellence with proprietary technology tailored to each customer's unique needs. Our business has experienced substantial organic and acquisitive growth in the past few years, with additional significant future growth expected soon. As our business continues to expand, we are always on the lookout for motivated, energetic individuals to fill the positions now available on our talented team of professionals.
DFS is currently hiring a Mobile Technician Manager to join our Management Team to support future growth of the Company. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
Please note, where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead a team of up to 50 technicians to deliver company results.
- Skills in coaching/mentoring, teaching, and ‘tough love’ as it pertains to mobile technicians.
- Knowledge of the mobile work environment and challenges, maintenance practices, and DFS-specific requirements and processes for mobile maintenance.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts to solve issues related to the technician job.
- Ability to act with a high sense of urgency.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Able to collaborate with customers, especially customers with urgent issues, to provide solutions that meet customer requirements. Able to act as intermediary between DFS technicians and customers.
- Provide leadership to individuals and groups of technicians daily.
- Collaborates with Dispatch to ensure each tech is busy every day.
- Develop productivity reports and work with Hub team members to improve productivity.
- Actively work across DFS organizations to resolve issues related to the technician’s role.
- Meet with technicians, conduct QCIs, and safety audits as required.
- Travel to technician and customer locations frequently.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches.
- Action Oriented: Has a sense of urgency daily; is action oriented; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Technician Focus: Will seamlessly navigate from mentor/coach to ‘tough love’ manager to manage a diverse set of technicians.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customers/technicians in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/technicians and gains their trust and respect.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he disagrees.
- Systems: Demonstrated ability to learn and use IT systems related to technician performance.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving: Can identify problems and develop practical solutions. Able to understand internal constraints and avoid a ‘take it or leave it’ approach to problem-solving.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.