At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Supervisor, Posting and Procurement (P&P), is a critical position that oversees the delivery and support for all aspects of Posting and Procurement requisitioning and transaction processing to specifically include timely, complete, and accurate requisitioning and posting of costs (parts, labor, transportation) to auction vehicles. This position reports directly to Senior Manager, Procure and Post, and serves as a partner by supporting business leaders within the Company to anticipate business issues and support strong decision making through application of auction expertise.
This is a regional position and will be responsible for all aspects of the P&P process and transactions at the auction site. This includes day-to-day operational oversight of an organization of 6-12 team members and contractors in a critical revenue cycle process for the Automotive business. Key focus areas for the role include minimizing revenue leakage, optimizing process cost, and ensuring client satisfaction. Key stakeholders for the role include auction General Managers, Enterprise Finance & Accounting, Business Operations, and Supply Chain. Ongoing organizational and individual development within the P&P organization is a critical success factor including the ability to transform and adapt the P&P organization to the company’s shifting business model and strategies.
- Supervise and support day-to-day activities of the Procure & Post (P&P) organization for a designated function
- Meet and exceed critical service levels, to ensure client satisfaction, while minimizing revenue leakage and optimizing cost
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and consistency of the P&P process for Cox Automotive financial statements
- Deliver organizational objectives and measure ongoing performance
- Collaborate and partner with key stakeholders and build relationships across the end-to-end P&P process for the locations supported
- Support the analysis and management of key performance indicators and service level agreements for P&P activities and proactively take actions to improve performance as appropriate
- Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service to Cox Automotive business operations
- Support and sustain a culture of continuous improvement to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of P&P operations.
- Provide timely response and adjustments to audit requests on an on-going basis
- Travel up to 15% to support field locations
Leadership & Organizational Development:
- Lead employee hiring, training, coaching, and motivation of the department of approximately 6-12 employees and contractors, including utilization of performance management to ensure results and to develop team members for future growth
- Build and enhance a strong team that provides proactive support and results-driven execution of responsibilities to meet the current and future needs of the business
- Support and implement goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to all aspects of the group, in partnership with EF&A operations. Responsible for tracking and meeting those goals and ensuring adherence to those policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff at operating locations, and key corporate customers, ensuring they understand and value the services provided by the P&P team and respond to feedback regarding opportunities for improvement
- Participate in projects to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the company's P&P function and processes
- Liaise with key stakeholders across Cox Automotive to ensure appropriate service levels are being provided
- Work with internal and external auditors annually and/or as needed based on their requests for information
- Perform related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested
- High school diploma required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required
- BA/BS in related field of study preferred
- Experience with implementing and managing daily operational service levels
- Proven track record in successfully leading high performing teams with tight deadlines and improving efficiencies preferred
- Proven ability to deliver high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated communication capabilities with key stakeholders
- Strong people management skills including demonstrated ability to coach and mentor employees
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and shift priorities quickly as required and rapidly adapt to changing environments
- Ability to understand business strategy and translate into effective tactical plans
- Excellent problem solving and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems
- Strong computer skills and proficient use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Financials
- Working knowledge of AS400 systems
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.