At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
****$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS! 50% AFTER 30 DAYS AND 50% AFTER 180 DAYS***
Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
This position is a mid-level Automotive Technician who provides high quality vehicle maintenance and repairs for fleet vehicles with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a cost-effective manner. This Technician may work independently or in a team environment. The Automotive Technician II will report to the Area Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, Area Fleet Maintenance Manager, or the Senior Area Fleet Maintenance Manager.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light repairs as required.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records. May up-fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Performs some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, and some fabrication.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education is a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or be able to attain minimum of 4 A.S.E. certifications within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools, equipment).
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for medium and heavy truck applications.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operator’s License if required.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.