At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team.
About the Team
This Senior Site Reliability Engineer will be part of the Consumer Core Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. The Consumer Core SRE team is an innovative team devoted to providing automated solutions and services for Kelly Blue Book and Autotrader at Cox Automotive to measure, evaluate and plan for visible, reliable application delivery and maintenance.
About the Position
As a member of the SRE team, you will bring a collaborative style in leading efforts that raise the maturity levels of the engineering practices across all agile teams delivering our products. The tools and use-cases are diverse, and our challenge is to increase the development velocity by optimizing various parts of the pipeline and increase application stability. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems by measuring elasticity and saturation, building infrastructure through IAC, and eliminating /reducing toil through automation. We also look to instill core SRE practices into the engineering teams including measuring SLIs/SLOs, increasing visibility/observability through monitoring tools, guide chaos engineering efforts in order to improve overall resiliency, and lead Gameday/Production Readiness reviews across all engineering disciplines. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about automation and owning best practices facilitated by SRE principles to build scalable and highly reliable applications.
If you love to figure out how all the pieces are put together and if automation and building tools to monitor and manage your applications sounds interesting to you, we want to talk to you.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
- Have a natural tendency to avoid toil and want to automate it away
- Automate anything and everything! (testing, deploying, monitoring, etc)
- Take complex and not maybe well-defined problem and come up with a technically reasonable solution
- Take ownership of processes or solutions that can be shared across teams globally
- Build and rollout solutions to be consumed by multiple teams
- Have innate curiosity about how things work
- Design and assist in the authoring of software tools that reliably manage application delivery & performance
- Design and assist in the setup and maintenance of application monitoring and alerting
- Engage with product/capability engineering teams to ensure best practices are implemented
- Improve predictability and reliability of software releases, workflows, and operating software.
- Reduce application deployment windows by leading engineering teams towards a Continuous Deployment environment
- Reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR) by helping troubleshoot, monitor, alert, and automating recovery.
- Facilitate Gamedays and Production Readiness reviews to continue increasing resiliency in our applications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience or 9+ years of equivalent work experience and education
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Understanding of Linux/Windows operating systems
- Experience with Python or PowerShell or related scripting languages
- Experience with configuration management systems (Spinnaker, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible)
- Experience rolling out highly available, mission-critical applications
- Experience with version control systems (Git or SVN) and branching strategies
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Kubernetes, Heroku, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc), Artifactory (or Nexus)
- Experience with Database Server infrastructure (RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, MySQL, Postgres, etc)
- Experience with agile development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.