At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
RapidScale is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Irvine, CA, the company has a solid track record of delivering world class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions via an enterprise “Flex Pod” cloud stack.
This person can sit in either Rapidscale location (Raleigh or Irvine).
The Cloud Engineer will work as part of a team that provides base implementations for new customer projects. The Cloud Engineer will participate in all the technical efforts to successfully migrate a new customer into the RapidScale platform. They will work very closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) for all new customer implementations.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for providing migration support, which includes troubleshooting, researching customer on premises environments, providing architectural recommendations to the senior cloud engineers and management of overall health of services migrating into the RapidScale managed cloud. The position will be a key factor in providing a great customer experience pre and post implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Duties include but are not limited to):
- Maintain multiple customer environments within RapidScale’s infrastructure (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Horizon View/Horizon DaaS, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016, and Microsoft SQL 2014 and above).
- Provision new customers and provide onboarding assistance.
- Provide support on escalated trouble tickets when necessary.
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects, and improve overall performance.
- Document architectures, procedures, and processes for use by other cloud operators.
- Create documentation for helpdesk to use and remediate issues on first call.
Technical Skill Requirements
Microsoft Product Sets
- Windows Server 2003 – 2019
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010-2016
- Microsoft O365 Suite
- Terminal Services/RDS
- SQL Server
- Azure AD
Citrix Product Sets
- User Profile Manager
- Cloud Portal Services Manager
VMware product sets
- ESXi 6.0 and above
- vCenter 6.0 and above
- vCloud Director 9.0 and above
- vShield Edge 6.2 and above
- Horizon View/Horizon DaaS
Misc product sets / nice to have
- FortiGate firewall by FortiNet
- Solarwinds MSP and Orion
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Zerto DRaaS
- Duo 2FA
- Knowledge on managing SSL Certificates.
- IPv4, IPv6
- VPN’s (IPSEC configuration/troubleshooting)
- Port translation
- Spanning tree
- LACP, port channeling, and VPC’s
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
Educational & Skills Requirements:
- A college degree or equivalent work experience (5+ years).
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and editorial abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation as well as the ability to identify problems in advance, and propose solutions.
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results, and set priorities independently.
- Ability to work on a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule
- A proven level of experience in VDI solutions (Citrix PVS, NetScaler, Horizon View and DaaS, RDS)
- A proven level of competence with Firewalls and Switches, Windows servers, Active Directory, backup software, Azure AD, and DRaaS.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in managing technical projects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with project management.
- Proficiency in computer usage, internet, and Microsoft Office suite of applications including O365.
Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
Fast paced, positive, high energy environment. Can have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.