At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
RapidScale, a COX Business Company, is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Irvine, CA, the company has a solid track record of delivering world class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions via an enterprise “Flex Pod” cloud stack.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
• Maintain multiple customer environments.
• Work 40+ hours a week.
• Update and Manage case backlog based on internal policies.
• Crisis Management – Identify any high priority issues and resolve them.
• Provide a Customer-First experience while utilizing phones and email to manage cases.
• Work cohesively with team as well as all divisions of company. Customer-first approach.
• Effectively engage resources inside and outside of your team to further the troubleshooting and resolution of issues which may include other technical engineers, architecture teams, account teams, or project managers.
• Deliver solutions that lead to problem resolution or mitigation with a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Be able to listen to, accept, and follow direction from more senior engineers.
• Flexibility to be customer facing and travel to customer sites.
• Act as technical escalation for NOC, Level I & II Engineers.
• Contribute to technical knowledge base.
• Coach / Mentor NOC, Level I & II Engineers.
• Deliver trainings to NOC, Level I & Level II Engineers.
• Perform Escalation Manager duties.
• Review cases, identify trends, and drive problem resolutions.
• Perform technical review of environments transitioning from implementation team to support team.
• Deep dive technical problems and create full resolutions to issues.
• Understand how technologies work together to see bigger picture of issues.
• Review and manage top tier customer environments to prevent major issues.
• Act as final escalation point for support team.
• Be available for on-call & weekend shifts.
• Perform Customer Onboarding & Critical Account roles and responsibilities.
• Participate in interviewing potential new hires.
• Provide Feedback on process and tool improvements
• Own Root Cause Analysis on any high priority case.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related work experience OR 6+ years of related work experience.
• Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and editorial abilities.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Flexibility to work alternative days and shifts as needed.
• Days Example: Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday – Thursday.
• Shifts Example: Day, Evening, Night
• Preferred MSP experience.
MINIMUM TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Microsoft AD (password resets, security groups, Sites & Services, Replication, Time Synchronization, DNS)
• Networking (IP address, Mac address, Layer 1 VS Layer 2, VPN, Subnet, NAT, Firewall Fortigate / Edge Gateway, BGP)
• Proficiency in computer usage, internet, and Microsoft Office suite of applications.
• Microsoft Exchange (Database Mount / Dismount, Distribution Group, Address Book Policies, DAG / Database Replication troubleshooting, A Record, DNS Record)
• Citrix XenApp 7.x (PVS, Storefront, Director, Session Host, Base Image, NetScaler)
• RDS – Understanding how to configure RDS environment from scratch (Certificates, Hosts, Gateways etc.)
• Certificate Administration
• VMWare Horizon View
• Windows Server 2012, 2016 etc.
• Advanced VMWare (Understanding Data stores, Hosts, Migrating Virtual Machines etc.)
• Basic Understanding of SQL
• VMWare Virtualization Basics
• Preferred Technical Qualifications:
• Skype for Business
• Server Performance Monitoring
• Sales Force
• UNIX, LINUX, REDHAT
• OSX – Mac OS
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.