At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Real relationships are sincere, authentic, and built on trust. These are the kinds of connections that move business forward. Imagine being the person who helps bring these relationships to life. If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, it’s time to learn more about Cox Business.
We are a leading provider of technology solutions with great sales teams across the US and we’re looking for people like you!
As a Cox Business Inside Solutions Representative, you’ll provide business owners the tools and technology to connect with their customers, helping them manage and grow their business. If you’re feeling connected to this kind of opportunity, then read on.
Who You Are
You’re known for your ambition and grit- you have a strong desire to achieve. Your work ethic impresses customers and colleagues alike. You’re quick on your feet with ideas and solutions, fueled by a tenacious entrepreneurial spirit. You’ve got a proven track record in sales and are ready to run your next race with a company that puts real relationships first.
What You’ll Do – Position Summary
The Inside Solutions Representative is an inside seller that is focused on inbound sales initiatives. The ISR sells telephony, data, wireless, and video solutions to new and existing small-medium business customers (generally with fewer than 20 employees). Example products may include data solutions (Internet access), VoIP solutions (Hosted IP voice), cellular services (3G, 4G) and software-as-a-service. Responds to inbound client-initiated telephone or email inquiries regarding local or national marketing promotions for new or additional Cox Business services. Makes outbound telephone calls to increase account penetration. Follows-up, prepares service proposals, and sees the sale through to the signing of a contract. Ensures that customers understand the operating requirements of purchased products. Promotes and executes current marketing campaigns. Prospects for new clients and makes initial contact by cold-calling on the phone or by responding to leads from online sales channel.
You’ll also tackle these to-dos – Functional Accountabilities:
- Sell telephony (e.g., business phone services, toll-free services), data, and video services that meet customers’ needs (solution selling) in response to promotional pricing campaigns for customers who require solutions simple enough that the sale can be closed over the phone.
- Product responsibilities include but are not limited to business internet, business phone, business TV, security systems cloud services, and business bundles ranging in complexity.
- Develop strategies, proposal, and presentations to sell complex bundled voice, data, and video solutions to customers.
- Make outbound calls to existing customers to upsell additional products and services and to prospective customers to learn about their business needs and try to interest them in Cox Business products and services by explaining the benefits of doing business with Cox Business.
- Handle customer renewals, as they arise.
- Listen to and questions customers in order to understand their needs.
- Develop proposals and deliver presentations to new clients based on their business needs.
- Negotiate pricing, service level, and terms/conditions with clients.
- Determine serviceability of client location and whether construction is required; if so, obtain construction estimate and uses market’s software to test IRR of proposed services.
- Work with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Perform ROI assessment to determine if a sale is profitable, and forward as appropriate, to Manager of Inside for approval.
- Up-sell bundled telephony, data, and video, as well as other Cox Business products to current customers.
- Make follow-up calls to qualify prospects and request the return of signed contracts.
- Educate customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Ensures product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Maintain client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
- Develop alternate lead sources and solicit referrals from customers.
- Works with Sales Support Administration to complete sales orders.
- Provide customer intelligence and feedback to Marketing department.
- Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry.
- Assist with other duties as needed.
What’s In It For You?
At Cox Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption
- We value people more than technology. That means you’ll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and your uniqueness – yes, you – as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Business strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You’ll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
- Your sales territory will be local, so if you’re looking to be home for your family at night or meet your friends for dinner at the end of the day, we’ve got you covered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Skills, Experience, & Education
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 5 or more year of experience preferred in related field
- At least 1 year of experience in a quota achieving role
- At least 6 months of experience working with computers and common business software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, customer service orientation, high impact communication, multi-tasking, PC skill, quality orientation, reasoning, sales aptitude, and tolerance for a structured work environment in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired
- 2 years’ experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals
- 2 years’ experience selling by telephone
- 6 months experience selling telecommunications products/services
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.