At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Business is a leading provider of technology solutions in markets across the US. Our product portfolio includes managed network and hosting services, cloud infrastructure, Internet, voice, TV, and other emerging technology solutions. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents, and we embrace a diverse workforce and the unique skills that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Contract Management who will be responsible for project managing the review of contractual technical and operational requirements by various subject matter experts across all segments of Cox Business customers including the unique technical and operational requirements of federal and state government customers, strategic enterprise customers, as well as educational and medical customer segments. This individual will coordinate the review by various Cox technical and operational subject matter experts of proposed contract terms and conditions to ensure Cox has or creates the means to be compliant with the technical and operational requirements of contracts. They will also provide administrative support for required government systems for accuracy and timelines. This role will report into the Operations Team of Cox Business.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The individual in this role will be responsible for creating and sharing best practices of the following tasks:
- Create robust processes that provide rigor surrounding the review by Cox subject matter experts of technical and operational requirements of ongoing contracts and order management associated with elevated risk in agreements.
- Be familiar with the technical and operational requirements of complex non-standard sales agreements, government systems, and the implications on Cox Business operations.
- Understand contractual Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) requirements and advise Billing Operations of changes.
- Ensure Sales follows internal policies regarding signature approval authority on contracts. Establish a review process and provide feedback communication to management regarding any gaps.
- Be familiar with government regulations for handling Non-Classified Information and be able to assist with certification of Cox compliance with those regulations.
- Continually be familiar with government regulations for personnel who have access to contracted services. Work with the Cox Information Security Team to assist them with maintaining a security clearance database for personnel involved.
- Create processes for and produce reports on GSA sales, Minority/Women’s Business Forecast, use of veterans or veterans owned businesses, and other administrative government reports as necessary.
- Assist Cox Business, as needed, in government sales meetings including those with DISA, IDEAS, and FedBizOps.
- Establish and maintain awareness within CB Markets of their role in create mechanisms to ensure the timely tracking/administration of various government reports associated with sales agreements for the Market VPs and senior CB leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering and/or a related field.
- Generally, 10+ years’ experience in the field of contract governance, contract compliance, and/or a related field is required.
- 3 years of people leadership with experience in performance planning, coaching, and evaluations.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills as well as ability to collaborate with all areas of the business
- MBA degree preferred
- Knowledge of SAMS registration, DUNS compliance, NAICS, DISA, IDEAS, and other registration platforms necessary for Cox to do business at the federal, state, and/or local levels.
- Previous experience working with GSA sales, Minority/Women’s Business Forecast, and veteran-owned businesses.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.