At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Media is now hiring for a Senior Manager, Technology. Cox Media is the media sales division of Cox Communications and provides businesses with a comprehensive portfolio of advertising and marketing solutions across all media platforms to help our clients meet their goals. You will be part of the Cox Media Product & Technology team, working with a dynamic and diverse team of professionals who are passionate about building products and services to meet our customer needs. Visit coxmedia.com to learn more.
As the Senior Manager, Technology, you will provide leadership and strategic direction for the design, development, integration, delivery, and maintenance of current and future solutions addressing internal and external client needs. You will establish and implement high technical and operating performance standards. Most importantly, you are curious, love to solve problems, and are highly collaborative.
- Lead a team of internal and offshore engineers, responsible for the design, development, testing, delivery, and ongoing optimization of technology solutions
- Coach, mentor, and advise software development team on Agile best practices, problem solving, and priorities
- Lead the development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of applications, APIs, and custom connectors in support of an evolving multi-platform Cox Media Product Portfolio
- Manage the translation of product requirements into detailed technical specifications and workflows, working closely with Solutions Architects, Product Managers, Project Managers, and functional stakeholders
- Participate in requirements review sessions, bringing a technical eye to the business and making sure requirements scale
- Lead and actively participate in the design, coding, debugging, unit/integration testing, and authoring of supporting documents to introduce highly scalable solutions within our Product ecosystem. Ecosystem includes (but is not limited to): AWS Cloud solutions, Back Office Solutions, CRM, Order Management Systems (OMS), Workflow Automation, Sales Side Platforms, Demand Side Platforms, and API system integrations.
- Implement code standards and quality controls to drive platform performance and speed of development
- Develop and execute best practice testing strategies, ensuring high quality codePerform formal code reviews with the goal to define coding standards, software architecture compliance, and coding solution verification. Use manual and automated code review tools.
- Partner with the Product Team to understand and shape the product roadmap
- Collaborate with technology suppliers and vendors to define and develop solutions to support internal and external business needs
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage release and rollout schedules, ensuring business needs are supported in all phases throughout the process
- Create, nurture, and document team culture, including ceremonies, coding standards, tooling, and best practices
- 7+ years of experience required in related field
- 2+ years of experience leading a new software project with 5+ team members and agile methodology
- 3-5 years of experience with .NET, SaaS, AWS, API Development, JSON, Micro Services, Web development
- Experience managing both internal and offshore development teams
- Strong analytical aptitude and ability to learn modern/new technologies quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with all functional teams throughout the organization
- Ability to interpret Net C# Based applications and provide technical leadership/guidance
- Demonstratable knowledge of software development best practices, cloud architectures, microservices, containerization, and design patterns
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (computer science, engineering)
- 2 years of experience developing in a web UI framework, Angular preferred
- Experience in the media/advertising/marketing industry desired
- Experience building front-end solutions with great UI/UX
- Back office/Workflow RAP (Robotics Process Automation) development experience
- CRM and Order Management System integration experience
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.