At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
**This position is remote/work from home. You need to reside within the Eastern, Central or Pacific Time Zones.
The Senior Yield Management Analyst is responsible for addressing current issues and finding new opportunities to grow the revenue for KBB.com and Autotrader.com within all inventory channels. This role will support the programmatic business, which contains, private, preferred and open auctions. The role will monitor and adjust floor rates, the number of SSPs for optimal revenue growth, and work closely with our engineers to ensure accurate implementation on all platforms.
In combination with programmatic, the role is required to also maintain a clear understanding of the interaction with direct sold impressions. This role is a growing opportunity to work with cross-functional teams to support hitting the current revenue goals while finding opportunities via auction, eCPM, products, or other creative avenues. The Senior Yield Management Analyst will continuously grow and improve the role to support and shift where the business needs are each quarter.
The Senior Yield Management Analyst can conduct meetings, without leadership, and make decisions within the scope of team activities. Not only is this role able to operate with minimal leadership support but, at the same time, provide direction and recommendations on behalf of Yield. This role has a clear understanding of what is best suited for Yield activities and can provide direction when requests are outside of scope. If items are outside of scope, this role is able to investigate the supportability and implementation into Yield activities where needed.
- Central independent resource for managing yield across all formats (Direct Sell and Programmatic Sell)
- Identify tradeoffs between direct and programmatic strategies
- Manage Programmatic Non-Guaranteed PMP and Preferred deal setup
- Daily and weekly analysis of open auction dynamics: who is transacting, why and how frequently
- Manage relationship with SSP partners and internal technical teams from implementation to daily maintenance
- Manage Programmatic Non-Guaranteed reporting on a weekly and/or daily basis along with providing insights on recommendations to increase spend
- Manage floor pricing for Programmatic Non-guaranteed in various SSPs by analyzing eCPMs between Direct and Indirect while working with internal Finance and Value Strategy teams for recommendations
- Work closely with Value Strategy to make recommendations for direct pricing based on what we are seeing in Programmatic Non-Guaranteed and Direct Sales
- Find opportunities and create executive recommendations for Sales and Ad Product to sell or make product changes along with monetary and impression impacts in the short term and long term
- Consistent awareness of industry changes to technology or vendors to enhance our yield or programmatic
- Support strategic client facing interactions to provide the value of programmatic
- Plan and launch annual strategy goals and direction for programmatic as well as adjust as needed
- Support Creative Template Reporting, Earned Rate and MTD/YTD Pacing reports for use by various teams. While also digging in and troubleshooting fluctuations on a daily/weekly basis.
- Identify, investigate and resolve At Risk opportunities daily/weekly by working with Client Services for order entry concerns, reallocation recommendations, technical teams, forecasting or any other relevant team
- Support the Product team by running scenarios for monetary and impression impacts from potential product changes by OEM and as a business holistically
- Identifying gaps in Yield/Programmatic reporting and finding ways to incorporate the needed data into current or new reporting
- Manage inventory and yield management tool, which includes working closely with the vendor, managing weekly calls and ad hoc check-ins where necessary while driving resolution to any troubleshooting concerns from Yield, Inventory and Forecast teams
- Work closely with Forecast and Delivery to understand impacts from daily/weekly shifts in capacity to the various performance metrics
- Partner with Sales Analytics to better understand various performance metrics
- Implement performance metrics (viewability, CTR and more) in tools
- Subject Matter Expert for Tableau and working closely with Data Engineers and AP&C for integration of reporting in Snowflake
- Support any ad hoc analysis that is requested
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of analytical/yield experience and/or training OR an equivalent combination of education and work- related experience.
- Analytical, problem solver, collaborative, strategic, results-oriented
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Advanced analytical skills, including an understanding of cause and effect and basic statistical methods available to enhance findings
- Must be able to understand, analyze data, and synthesize large volumes of data into a coherent narrative or story to answer non-standard/complex questions
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and leading cross functional meetings
- Self-driven with an attitude to seek out opportunities and resolutions with appropriate teams
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- 5 years programmatic experience
- Possess high level presentation building, delivery and visual displays of data. Must be comfortable articulating analytical concepts in a concise manner to internal and external groups, including an executive audience
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in clearly and effectively presenting to internal stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills required, including custom formula development, functions, pivot tables, and visualization techniques
- Experience with YieldEx/YieldEdge
- Experience with yield management tools
- Experience in online advertising (SSP’s, DSP’s, GAM (publisher), AdBook+, Tableau, SQL)
- Basic understanding of the advertising technology landscape
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.