At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Cox Media Digital Marketing Strategist partners directly with Sales and the Digital Sales Manager with the sole focus of working one-on-one with top segment clients to develop customized digital marketing strategies and solutions to grow and protect revenue within that portion of the market. With Sales, he/she consults with high growth, high potential clients to recommend sophisticated, multi-screen, customized solutions that match Cox Media products, available market research, and best practices in digital marketing tactics to help them achieve their goals. In addition, the incumbent develops, executes, and is accountable for the results of customized digital campaigns.
Internal clients are primarily the Sales team, but there is interaction with other departments as well. The role requires a fast pace of work, as well as responding to multiple demands and high pressure in order to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities. This is a budget-driven position that includes pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the system is expected. Depending on the market, the incumbent may be required to travel 10-20% of the time. Maintains contact with external clients by phone and in person, may be called upon to participate in client presentations, and may occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. The Strategist collaborates with and assigns work to others with no formal organizational authority.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Drives Digital Growth & Churn Mitigation
• Holds shared accountability with sales and marketing leaders to develop digital marketing strategies that create awareness and engagement, while driving increased purchasing among high growth, high potential clients.
• Partners with sales leadership and sales consultants in the development and achievement of digital media strategies and product revenue budgets.
• Reduce client attrition through building an effective consultative relationship with clients to ensure client satisfaction and develop future business opportunities
Development of Client Solutions
• Partners with sales consultants on presentations and proposals to ensure that clients receive the appropriate mix of digital media products, services and rates to meet their business needs.
• Builds an effective consultative relationship with clients to ensure client satisfaction and develop future business opportunities.
• Identifies specific client needs and objectives and matches Cox Media products to develop highly customized solutions and marketing campaigns.
• Attend 4-legged sales calls with media consultant to include but not limited to: customer needs analysis meetings, proposal meetings, and reporting meetings
• Acts as a subject matter expert to the sales team and top-tier clients on all Cox Media digital products, their respective value propositions, and how to demonstrate their impact to various marketing needs.
• Be the expert and resource to our clients by staying on top of digital trends and our solutions
• Responsible for campaign optimization to maximize performance throughout the entire campaign.
• Partner with multiple departments within the company and digital department to track campaign results and prepare all-inclusive campaign reports to communicate return on investment to clients.
Drive Product Launches and Adoption
• Drive sales, packaging and launch of digital media efforts.
• Provide key training for initial launch and continued education to local Sales, Sales Services, Marketing and Production team members to ensure the local market is fully engaged with all products.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox Media and competitor services. In addition, the incumbent remains fully knowledgeable of Cox Media solutions, as well as marketing and consultative selling techniques. This can be accomplished through attending strategic and/or development meetings with Cox Media colleagues.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field OR 5 or more years of experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• External – 4 years’ minimum marketing or sales experience required, including 2+ years’ digital product experience; Experience in development of marketing campaigns; Strategic planning and analysis experience
• Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 1-year media research experience
• 2 years’ work experience using Windows-based PCs and the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, delivering customer service, expanding and advancing opportunities, functional competence, initiating action, inspiring innovation, continuous learning, producing results, and sales opportunity analysis in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
• 2-year digital sales, business development or sales consultation experience in a sales environment
• 2 years’ media research experience in a sales-driven organization
• Experience in digital media advertising industry desired
• 4+ years experience in planning, strategizing and creating proposals for programmatic digital media display and video, SEM, DV360, Amazon, and or Paid Social campaigns.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.