At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
**Candidates may be based in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Wichita, Omaha, or Las Vegas Cox Business markets.**
The Project Manager II is responsible for the direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of project management functions associated with all Large, Complex Fiber Projects, On/Off, Combination Fiber projects, and Complex Type II for designated Retail, Carrier or Enterprise Cox Business customers. This may also include some large Government, schools and hospitality customers. This includes scope of work review, risk assessment & management, project planning, estimating, tracking, reporting and management. Facilitates communication across operational groups, and ensures compliance with the defined processes and implementation.
Work requires a great deal of planning and independent discretion to ensure that Large, Complex Projects are completed in a timely manner and in CCI’s best financial interests. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor needs required to staff project, etc.
Cox Business Large, Complex Orders are defined as, but not limited to the following fiber technologies: Multi – Location (3+), SIP / IAD, Metro E, IP Centrex, Bulk Video, Hot Cut, Wifi – Hospitality, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and IP TV.
The Project Manager II will manage Large, Complex Fiber Projects, On/Off, Combination Fiber projects, and Complex Type II for designated Retail, Carrier or Enterprise in support of Cox Business customers. Plans sequencing of projects and directs employees, vendors, and third parties to accomplish projects on agreed upon timeframes. Sets and manages customer expectations and proactively identifies and mitigates project risks.
Manages projects to ensure profitability. Prepares cost analysis to maximize return on investment. Completes margin analysis on specific projects or unanticipated changes.
- Services the company’s business operations by negotiating installation, platform, and production solutions on company’s behalf to ensure project serviceability.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment to ensure project serviceability. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection decisions, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor required to staff project, etc.
- Provides project management for Cox Business service delivery process. Coordinates with Construction to build to new sites. Determines the need for site surveys and conducts as necessary. Determines if coordination is required with other carriers and coordinates as needed. Identifies proper permitting and government approvals required for project and ensures they are obtained. Evaluates the need for vendor work and equipment installation to service location; oversees vendor work and equipment installation to prepare for completion of Large, Complex Commercial Projects.
- Coordinates the delivery of designated Large, Complex services with customer. Conduct on-site post installation review and installation with customer.
- Analyzes communications and requests from clients, support departments, and subcontractors and determine what course of action is necessary. Updates appropriate management team and stakeholders on project status. Communicates project requirements to other departments.
- Manages long range logistics and planning for multiple customer projects. Obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts are meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results.
- Coordinates with vendors and POC's for building access and install dates.
- Work closely with functional business divisions, vendors and customers in defining project priorities, approach, resources requirements and timing of deliverables.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 3+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Communications Industry, Project Management, etc.).
- Requires advanced knowledge of Fiber systems utility construction and design parameters, proficient in Windows based applications (Word, Excel, Project) and in Order Management System (OMS).
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and verbal and written communication skills to work effectively both internally and with HICAP customers.
- Experience in telecommunications industry.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Business, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in a Project Management role leading cross functional projects preferred.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.