Advisory & Assurance SpecialistLocation: Atlanta, Georgia Job Number: 1714479 Brand: Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is seeking an Advisory & Assurance Specialist who will assist in the execution of the department's plan, budget, objectives and goals by performing advisory and assurance projects in accordance with the annual audit plan and risk strategy; driving the overall execution of projects from planning through final report delivery; and collaborating with team members and stakeholders to set responsibilities and manage workloads among multiple engagements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability in leading diverse teams within simultaneous work streams on multiple projects while utilizing project management standards and performance management techniques. This role will report to the Advisory & Assurance Manager.
- Support business units and processes by identifying continuous improvement opportunities with clear quality, cost and/or efficiency gains; utilizing data-driven, fact-based analytics to formulate tactical solutions to business issues; and understanding the relationship between mitigating risk, improving performance and balancing cost/benefit of suggested solutions and changes.
- Act as an expert in application of continuous improvement methods by demonstrating end-to-end process perspective and analysis; mastering the advisory and assurance skill sets through active participation in the department curricula; staying abreast of current business and industry developments as well as new pronouncements/standards relevant to Cox business units; and championing continuous improvement and change.
- Organize and present project information/summaries in a concise, coherent manner through appropriate communication tools and conduits and apply the templates, methodologies, tools and technologies supporting the department's portfolio of services to deliver high-value deliverables and results.
- Assist in the evolution of the department's supporting infrastructure by evaluating the alternative courses of action; recommending adjustments and improvements; and participating in the department's ongoing transformation into a continuous improvement culture.
- 2+ years of performing/leading advisory and assurance projects; demonstrating creative, out-of-box thinking and solid project management principles to drive projects to completion.
- 2+ years of consulting/advisory experience with roles of increasing responsibility; industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required; professional certifications (e.g. Six Sigma, PMP, CPA, CIA, CISA,etc.) advantageous.
- Proficiency with data analysis and process mapping applications; proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Up to 25% travel.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing