Director Workforce OperationsJob ID 1810306 Date posted 06/25/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
This role is responsible for providing workforce operations strategy and direction that drives quality service and a delightful employee experience to over 5000 Cox Media Group employees across the country as related to employment tools and services. This leadership position has accountability for shared services performance, optimization and future planning and:
- Serves as the authority on all aspects of employee shared services including, but not limited to, payroll, time management, on/offboarding, benefits & leave administration as well as driving enhancement priorities and recommendations;
- Is recognized as the leader of CMG’s Employee Resource Center (ERC)and its critical linkage to strong business performance;
- Oversees the synthesis of information to determine both current and future (years in advance) ERC service needs;
- Operates with autonomy to translate high level goals into measurable and reportable tactics through data and analysis to help drive workforce delivery decisions;
- Leads the development of innovative talent-related operational solutions through automation and design thinking.
Leads Employee Resource Center day to day operations. 40%
- Directs the operations of the ERC organization, including responsibility for defining the strategy for providing high quality employee experience, defining and meeting service level agreements, and measuring and driving operational and performance metrics.
- Leads and develops a team of employee advocates who serve as the first point of contact for CMG employees and leaders who have questions around their pay, benefits, leave and employment policies & programs. Works to develop training and coaching for employees, cultivate the culture, and build relationships with key internal customers.
- Manages automation and digital work (RPA) to ensure appropriate integration with ERC staff and supports ongoing maintenance.
Provides Strategic direction on Workforce Operations: 30%
- Provides strategic direction on workforce operations to ensure proper delivery of benefit enrollment, changes, deletions, payroll withholding changes, personal data changes, salary changes, terminations, new hire processing, leave administration and on/offboarding. Maintains accurate records and documentation on employee and retiree inquiries and transactions.
- Directs the development, documentation and enhancement of the company's payroll support systems (Oracle PeopleSoft), policies and procedures ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing
- Develops and implements service/call center and workforce shared services operating plans to ensure that strategic initiatives are executed to achieve the department’s budgeted revenue.
- Develops systems, programs, policies and resource plans in order to maximize the efficiency and productivity of the workforce operations organization.
Evaluates and manages productivity and optimization of workforce operations: 30%
- Employs expert experience in the selection, deployment, upgrade, maintenance and enhancement of workforce ERP/HCM and service support systems (Oracle PeopleSoft, Taleo), as well as case management and knowledgebase tools (Service Now), to deliver elegant, compliant, automated solutions that improve ERC and employee support experience.
- Measures and analyzes the service delivery and productivity of the ERC and workforce operations through balanced scorecard metrics, including but not limited to average handle time, time to resolve, productivity, employee turnover, staffing levels, performance targets and resource planning in order to maximize results.
- Collaborates with all critical boundary partners (HR Business Partners, Compensation, Org Effectiveness, Communications, Cox Corporate Services and division peers, third-party vendors, etc.) to shape the employee experience.
- Preferred: BS/BA degree in related discipline; Advanced degree (MBA) strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Strong Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft, Oracle Taleo, Kronos, or a similar HR/payroll system is required, Service Now or similar case management system, and Microsoft Office 2010, including strong MS Excel is essential.
- 10 years of experience in related field (e.g. Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Call Center, Customer Service, etc)
- 5 years successful experience in management demonstrating progressive leadership responsibilities
- 3 years prior experience managing in a Customer Service environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience – ability to provide vision and direction, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service, time management and organizational skills with commitment to quality and collaboration in a team based environment.
- Experience handling confidential information and manage escalations with senior-level executives
- High quality service background
Solid understanding of call center operations and financials
Exposure or training in Change Management methodology, Lean Six Sigma
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing