Senior Scrum MasterJob ID 1810161 Date posted 06/20/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Automotive is looking for an experienced Senior Scrum Master to join our team in Atlanta, GA. The Senior Scrum Master has primary responsibility of facilitating the learning and growth of one or more Agile teams in developing a lean-Agile mindset, improving and innovating agile practices, and guiding teams to more predictable delivery. As a servant-leader, the Senior Scrum Master plays a key role in Agile planning, facilitating the Agile process, supporting teams, removing impediments, providing team coaching and guidance, and working with other scrum masters to improve our agile practice.
Agile Ceremony Facilitation
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, grooming, demo, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
- Participate in sprint demonstrations and scrum of scrums
- Maintain and generate information radars for the teams
- Collect and share team metrics with team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using metrics
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team
- Prepare for and facilitate quarterly, release, and sprint planning with the product owner and the team
- Drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the next quarter and upcoming sprint
- Work with the team and Product Owner/Manager to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases
- Able to limit ego and the "desire to control"
- Foster team collaboration and timely communication
- Encourage an experimental and fail-fast mindset
- Remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners/managers, management, other teams, and the support organization
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up with external dependencies
- Act as a buffer between external distractions and the team helping the team to keep focus.
- Protect the team and minimize disruptions.
- Coordinate with the release manager on environment setups & maintenance, code deployments, and production releases
- Builds high-performing teams by helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Build trust among team members.
- Works with team to create and update team working agreement, definition of ready, and definition of done
- Encourages brain-storming and creative thinking. Encourages team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box
Advice and Guidance
- Coaches the team on agile and scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Able to observe team dynamics, recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach them to improve.
- Create a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
- Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- Lead the teams towards agile maturity
- Participate in scaling agile throughout the organization
Required Experience (Minimum):
- Experience applying scrum and growing teams as a fulltime Scrum Master for 5 years or more
- Experience affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience using agile project management tools
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Manages time extremely well, can quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
What We Look For (Preferred):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- SAFe experience is a plus
- Experience as a Scrum Master at an organization that is committed to using agile as a core methodology to deliver business value
- Experience in any part of the software development life cycle is a plus - as developer, tester, analyst, product manager, project/program manager, etc.
- Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the teams
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing