Senior Tax Specialist - (Sales & Use Audits)Location: Atlanta, Georgia Job Number: 1713445 Brand: Cox Enterprises
- Facilitate all phases and activities of sales, use, and other transaction related tax audits;
- Perform data analysis and supporting reverse audit projects to ensure refund opportunities have been reviewed;
- Resolve tax issues for internal and external clients;
- Perform technical sales, use, and other transaction related tax research to minimize the Company’s tax position;
- Responding to exemption certificate requests;
- Take corrective action as required to prevent future audit exposure or overpayments;
- Assist in the research and analysis of proposed and existing business transactions to determine the effect upon local taxes;
- Monitor changes in law or regulations and other aspects of tax policy;
- Strong research skills (CCH, RIA, other applicable on-line research tools).
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience required;
- Minimum 2 years of sales tax experience required;
- Ability to establish working relationships with key internal and external customers;
- Ability to process mass data;
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel), standard Corporate operating systems and applicable tax software applications;
- Ability to perform actions and make decisions with integrity and sound judgment; display the initiative and dedication necessary for timely and successful work completion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Deadline driven with highest possible accuracy;
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- CPA or CMI preferred;
- 3-5 years relevant work experience and sales tax experience preferred;
- Telecommunications, Media (TV/Radio) experience is a strong plus;
- Proficiency in Oracle, Vertex, Taxware (other tax software applications) strongly preferred.
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $20 billion and more than 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Inc. (cable television distribution, telephone, high-speed Internet access, wireless services, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Manheim, Inc. (vehicle auctions, repair and certification services and web-based technology products); Cox Media Group, Inc. (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers, advertising sales rep firms and Cox Digital Solutions); and AutoTrader.com (online automotive advertising and Kelley Blue Book, vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions subsidiaries). Additionally, Cox operates Kudzu.com. More information about Cox can be found online at www.coxenterprises.com. Cox Enterprises and its affiliated companies participate in the E-Verify program of the United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information on the E-Verify program, please see the posters accessible through the links at: www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries do not contact candidates for employment by text message. We do not conduct online interviews via chat sessions and/or instant messenger applications. Cox utilizes a formal application process through the HR department and company websites. Communications are made through official company channels including email, letterhead, phone, and fax. The company does not require employees to purchase equipment or software as terms of employment. Interested candidates should submit their resume though Cox Career Network. Cox Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing