Sr Manager Program & OperationsJob ID 1815275 Date posted 10/10/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Oversees the creation and production of WSB Imaging and Promos in line with the Strategic Plan for the brand and talk shows.
- Coordinates with ‘Channel 2 Action News’ and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution for collaborative programming, news, and community affairs projects.
- Involved in and directs much of the WSB Promotions/Sales/Programming process to aid in coordination and execution of sales, marketing and digital promotions.
- Drives and interacts with the Social Media strategy for the Talent, Talk Show Brands, Traffic, Weather, Jamie Dupree, and Promotions.
- Oversees WSB Community efforts, to include programming and outreach. This includes production of programming, as well as coordination and oversight of ‘Clark’s Christmas Kids’, ‘WSB Care-a-thon’, ‘The Consumer Action Center’, and ‘Habitat for Humanity—Clark Howard builds’.
- Supervises the production of the WSB Quarterly Report for the Public File.
- Oversees submission and nomination process for national and regional awards, such as Marconi’s, A-P, and Murrow’s.
- Administers Programming and News personnel actions, such as increases, new hire listings, technical pay increases, job descriptions, vacation schedules, and others as assigned and supervised by Program Director.
- Supervisor to Operations Manager for oversight of board operators and screeners for WSB, as well as CMG Atlanta Music stations.
- Oversees and generates the Clocks/Formats for WSB Shows, for Traffic/Operations/Programming. Primary Liaison to Engineering.
• Experience coaching and developing Talk talent
• Experience leading a News brand
• Must have knowledge about both national and local issues that people are talking about to instinctively know how to take “ownership” of such content with our talent and our brand, and be able to quickly lead and direct the execution!
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing