Tax Support SpecialistLocation: Atlanta, Georgia Job Number: 1713665 Brand: Cox Enterprises
The purpose of this job is to provide tax compliance support to the Tax Department. Involves working with a common manager to meet the various tax compliance support needs of all functions in the tax department.
- Perform the following duties and responsibilities in a professional, timely, accurate, and collaborative manner, with minimal supervision:
- Prepare and file annual reports with Secretaries of States - includes reports requiring calculations and balance sheet data
- Communicate directly with Secretaries of State departments and state revenue departments – includes oral and written communication
- Process and mail/e-file income tax compliance and related payments – includes check requests and electronic payment authorizations
- Research, resolve, process, and document state notices, refunds, and withdrawals
- Prepare support for state audits
- Prepare tax and treasury filings, as needed
- Assist with special project- based work, as needed
- Maintain software/databases as required by the duties and responsibilities listed above
- Multi-task and work with common manager to prioritize and balance duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- Five years accounting and/or tax experience preferred
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience in building relationships, working collaboratively in a team environment
- Effective and competent, customer service and organizational skills required.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit CoxCSRReport.com
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing