Project Manager-Order Management I - Cox BusinessJob ID 184237 Date posted 03/07/2018 Location: Foothill Ranch, California Apply
Responsible for the direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of project management functions associated with Large, Moderately Complex Retail Cox Business customers. This includes scope of work review, risk assessment & management, project planning, estimating, tracking, reporting, management, internal & external customer communications, procurement, personnel management, quality control and compliance assurance.
Work requires a great deal of planning and independent discretion to ensure the Large, Moderately Complex Projects are completed in a timely manner and in CCI’s best financial interests. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor needs required to staff project, etc.
Cox Business Large, Moderately Complex Orders are defined as, but not limited to the following: Complex COI (Cox Optical Internet), Copper, and Hybrid. Voice: PRI’s, ePRI’s, VMgr, IP Centrex and IP PBX’s, Data: Metro Ethernet, SPN (secured private network), COI, Private Lines, Sip Trunking, Burstable Internet, and other Managed Services Desktop phone sets, Cisco Routers, etc.
• The OM- PM I will manage all Large, Moderately Complex Projects (which may include multisite locations) in support of Cox Business customers. Plans sequencing of projects and directs employees, vendors, and third parties to accomplish projects on agreed upon timeframes. Sets and manages customer expectations and proactively identifies and mitigates project risks.
• Manages projects to ensure profitability. Prepares cost analysis to maximize return on investment. Completes margin analysis on specific projects or unanticipated changes.
• Services the company’s business operations by negotiating installation, platform, and production solutions on company’s behalf to ensure project serviceability.
• Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment to ensure project serviceability. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection decisions, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor required to staff project, etc.
• Provides project management for Cox Business service delivery process. Coordinates with Construction to build to new sites. Determines the need for site surveys and conducts as necessary. Determines if coordination is required with other carriers and coordinates as needed. Identifies proper permitting and government approvals required for project and ensures they are obtained. Evaluates the need for vendor work and equipment installation to service location; oversees vendor work and equipment installation to prepare for completion of Large, Moderately Complex Commercial Projects.
• Coordinates the delivery of designated Large, Moderately Complex services with customer. Conduct on-site post installation review and installation with customer.
• Analyzes communications and requests from clients, support departments, and subcontractors and determine what course of action is necessary. Updates appropriate management team and stakeholders on project status. Communicates project requirements to other departments.
• Manages long range logistics and planning for multiple customer projects. Obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts are meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results.
• Coordinates with vendors and POC's for building access and install dates.
• Work closely with functional business divisions, vendors and customers in defining project priorities, approach, resources requirements and timing of deliverables.
SUPERVISION Reports to Manager, Order Management
• 3+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Communications Industry, Project Management, etc.).
• Requires knowledge of Hybrid Fiber Coax systems (HFC) in aerial and underground utility construction and design parameters.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-CA-Foothill Ranch-27121 Towne Centre Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: 2018-03-21
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Business Security Sales Consultant Foothill Ranch, California