Senior Director AnalyticsJob ID 1811121 Date posted 07/12/2018 Location: Irvine, California Apply
The Senior Director, Analytics will oversee a large technical and external-facing team that is responsible for the creation and presentation of commercially and campaign-oriented insights to OEMs (including Senior Executives) and their ad agency partners. The primary function is to develop pragmatic strategies for the creation of commercially-oriented insights supported by model and market level analysis of customer behaviors and perceptions relative to the OEM brands and campaign performance data to make recommendations in order to help protect or generate new business. The Senior Director will also be responsible for overseeing a critical impressions forecasting and delivery analytics team that is responsible for partnering with many internal groups including Finance, Marketing, Sales and Product to forecast inventory levels in support of the upfront process and find proactive opportunities for the organization to monetize on inventory and deliver outcomes that matter most to clients. This highly visible role will require that the Senior Director create and nurture partnerships cross-functionally to evangelize and promote a data/insights-driven mentality organizationally. This position proactively supervises Director, manager, and analyst level personnel, and reports to the Vice President of Analytics.
- Lead the development of the strategy and vision for the sales analytics team; be a key partner to the OEM sales leadership teams in communicating and executing that strategy and vision
- Ensure that the Sales Analytics leadership team brings commercially-oriented and thought-provoking insights to OEM clients and their ad agencies and prospects for the purpose of driving new revenue
- Lead, consult, coach and drive the team to protect current business revenue by identifying and leveraging the appropriate data and insights internally to help tell a compelling story to the Client
- Challenge ad agencies with comprehensive analyses to drive tighter alignment of the brand with their customer segments (tailor market messaging)
- Deliver insights related to the consumer decision journey across CAMSG
- Partner cross-functionally to forecast impressions and identify opportunities that proactively improve our ability to anticipate available inventory levels and to monetize that which has been sold
- Build internal relationships and collaborate closely with other Cox Automotive Media Solutions (and Cox Automotive) departments to create visibility and ensure relevance
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Statistics, Research, or related degree.
- Masters/MBA preferred
- 12+ years of combined relevant work experience in strategy, analytics, and consulting with at least 7 years’ experience as leading a team
- Prior work experience at a publisher, ad agency, or endemic property with exposure to or experience in sales and analytics is desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of ad agencies, ad campaigns, and campaign management as well as the customer lifecycle and consumer dynamics.
- Strong analytical skills with basic understanding of statistics, web trends, social media.
- Must have a desire to partner with Sales to drive new revenue from commercial insight analysis.
- Ability to be in front of and interact with clients, present effectively, and communicate with presence.
- Ability to creatively and succinctly articulate insights related to analysis via compelling story telling.
- Must be able to guide and teach others how to create and deliver compelling stories from analysis output.
- Experience in working with executives or strategic planning departments to set and/or manage to corporate level strategies a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating complex team efforts.
- Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, etc.) required.
- Ability to travel ~15%
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Data Quality Manager Atlanta, Georgia, Irvine, California