Scrum MasterLocation: Mississauga, Ontario Job Number: 1712390 Brand: Dealertrack
Utilizing an Agile project management platform and a servant-leader style, the Scrum Master supports the Engineering team on its journey of continuous improvement and value driven product development. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As a Scrum master you must have exceptional time management skills to facilitate all aspects of the team's planning and prioritization process. Leveraging your knowledge of the Agile platform and tools, you will have the ability to coach the team on agile and scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement in these disciplines. Through coaching and support of the individual team members you will foster an environment where individuals recognize and value the importance of team success.
- Observation of team dynamics, to recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach them to improve.
- Helps team members improve individual performance in support of team goals.
- Effectively cooperates with Product Owner and Technical Leader to create an environment in which the team can increase productivity, quality, and predictability.
- Responsible for operational excellence by facilitating backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrum, and sprint reviews.
- Monitors and supports a scrum team through continuous improvement of agile execution.
- Helps the team recognize modest but steady operational improvement through the introduction of best practices to solve observed challenges.
- Facilitates the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done criteria for all stories.
- Able to limit ego and the "desire to control" using Servant leadership practices, so that the team can self-form and self-direct its own sprint execution.
- Impediment Resolution by advocating for the team and personally trying to remove impediments or by seeking help from outside the team
- Inter-team Coordination and Collaboration by helping identify and track user story dependencies between scrum teams.
- Learns from and shares best practices with Scrum Masters on other teams.
- Eliminates roadblocks and creates focus on accomplishing a goal
- Ensure that sprint results and team performance is communicated accurately.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3+ years of experience in an Agile software development environment leading Scrum teams
- Experience with Rally or similar Agile execution and reporting tools is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience leading new product software development
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work with and support cross-functional development teams
- Experience transitioning day to day behaviors to Agile.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) is highly desirable.
- Professional services experiences is a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-ON-Mississauga-2700 Matheson Blvd E
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing