Sr QA AnalystLocation: Mississauga, Ontario Job Number: 1712394 Brand: Dealertrack
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the analysis, planning, development, execution and reporting of test plans, scenarios and cases produced to achieve thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. As we are transitioning to Agile methodologies, we also want the individual to be able to write user stories, participate in planning poker sessions, work in fast spaced dynamic environment in sprints.
- Collaborate with QA and Development folks in Scrum team to support release planning, estimation, and delivery processes using Agile methodologies.
- Write detailed test cases, executes complex manual and automated smoke, function, integration, and regression tests, execute detailed test cases, perform complex manual, integration, regression tests and maintain accurate status
- Evaluate and test change requests or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards, document software issues and enhancement requests encountered along with their detailed steps necessary to reproduce them, communicate during problem replication and follow up
- Work collaboratively within high performance scrum team to ensure clarify business/functional requirements and effectively deal with issues as they arise
- Provide testability/QA feedback to product development teams through participation in design and development reviews.
- Responsible for defect tracking, communication, and resolution.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain test automation scripts for the purpose of regression testing
- College Diploma or Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- 5-7 years of experience, with a minimum 5 years in Quality Assurance field.
- Experience with various test levels (smoke, functional, usability, system integration, performance, regression, and user acceptance).
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of software development lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies
- Ability to comprehend complex product solutions, its technology aspects and identity options for quality improvements
- Strong communication skills in English critical (written and oral), desire to learn new skills and improve upon current skills, high degree of efficiency, motivation and proactive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Basic SQL Skills to select from tables and use joins etc.
- Experience with JMeter and Selenium is preferred
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels external to the department, including Product, Project Management and Development.
- Provide support to developers and Product Owners during the entire process from development to release
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-ON-Mississauga-2700 Matheson Blvd E
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing