Sr Software EngineerLocation: Mississauga, Ontario Job Number: 1713390 Brand: Dealertrack
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. We’re looking for thinkers at every stage in their career with intensity and creativity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry. Risk-taking is encouraged here, and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathon groups to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
We are looking for a motivated individual with zest for learning and passion for technology to be part of our Engineering team. If you’ve got that spark and want to be a part of a dynamic team building something great, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Review, analyze designs, modify, develop, test, documents, and implement software applications
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems. Detect, diagnose, and report related problems
- Prepares paperwork and attends departmental and project related meetings
- Follow best practices for design, development and software release
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably Computer Science major
- 6+ years of .NET Development using VS 2010 + using .NET 3.5 and up.
- Strong RDBMS background – Oracle/ SQL Server. Oracle 11g + preferred
- Solid understanding of web technology and experience using or creating web services
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between the Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Result-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment
- Strong understanding of version control systems
- TDD / Unit Testing
- Deployment Automation
- AWS Cloud knowledge preferred
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-ON-Mississauga-2700 Matheson Blvd E
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing