Supervisor Vehicle EntryJob ID 1811163 Date posted 07/12/2018 Location: Oceanside, California Apply
This position is responsible for supervising and directing the daily operations of the inspections, vehicle check-in and registration area, including assigned personnel.
• Ensure efficient lot operations by coordinating the movement of vehicles from the registration area to the sale lanes or back lot.
• Review and implement check-in procedures, making sure vehicles are checked in and out correctly. Monitor incoming vehicles and ensure that they are received, stocked-in, numerated, staged, and moved through the sale lanes in proper order.
• Maintain a complete and thorough receiving log, listing all vehicles received, and review daily for accuracy. Distribute updated logs, transporter condition reports and invoices to the appropriate personnel for processing.
• Manage and direct the documentation of vehicle condition writing and Condition Report and/or computer data entry.
• Supervises quality control activities to assure accurate, timely and complete condition reports (CR's), both hard copy and ECR type.
• Performs physical checks on random vehicles. Provides detailed and timely feedback to employees.
• Follows and supports others in the use of the work instructions provided by client and/or Manheim Inspections using the Manheim Electronic Condition Report Program, Inspection Solution T1 and Mirage Program, or client-instructed paper Condition Reports.
• Administers equipment and maintains inventory supplies used in the department.
• Assures that account specific guidelines concerning CR writing are being followed. Maintains knowledge of account specific needs and communicates changes to departmental employees.
• Prepares daily reports by account to determine priorities for the day (oldest cars by receiving date and sale cars first) and adjusts workload. Searches for outstanding vehicles in other locations.
• Provide quality service and interact with dealers to resolve customer complaints or any other problems that may occur.
• Assign and reissue numbers to dealers, register vehicles, coordinate vehicle running on lease lanes and pre-sales, and issue dealer registration credits.
• Maintains communication with other departments and management team providing relevant information to coordinate activities of the department and ensure high quality of service to both internal and external customers.
• Supervise and direct the work of vehicle registration employees by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties and examining work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Assist manager in counseling and disciplining employee, monitoring and evaluating employee job performance, and conducting performance appraisals
• Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
• Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
• Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 - 3 years experience in vehicle registration and/or vehicle inspection required.
• Experience in Automobile or Auction industry preferred.
• Strong communication and interaction skills required.
• Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills required.
• Basic computer skills preferred. Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
• Accomplishments (Degrees, Certifications, Languages):
• Knowledge of transportation and current DMV laws and regulations preferred.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
• Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Moderate noise level. Frequent exposure to outdoor weather.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Oceanside-4691 Calle Joven
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs