Redwood City, California
Job ID: 184246
As the Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. This includes both the development of new programs and maintaining existing programs. In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to deliver timely responses to production issues, taking ownership of effectively seeing these issues through resolution. To be successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Cox Automotive? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Software Development 10
- Analytical 9
- Pragmatic 9
- Team-coordinator 8
- Results-oriented 8
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 24 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Work for a Top 20 Tech Company
Cox Comet LLC, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises is a digital media services company who is seeking a software engineer to develop an application that enables the ability to discover any performance issue that related to impression traffic and revenue.
The ideal candidate understands the “real time bidding (RTB)” advertising business and enjoys contributing ideas and concepts to enhance existing system.
- Develop the alerting and monitoring system to discover any unusual traffic (like invalid traffic) and revenue impact issue.
- Complete the ad-hoc request in timely manner; like generate a one-time special report
- Proficient in Hadoop, SPARK, Python, MS SQL, SSAS, C++ and C#.
- Analyze the system performance and identify any potential issue from the log files based on the information from alerting and monitoring system.
- Provide the support to finance and account team for any ad-hoc request.
- Act as a product/data expert and point of contact for several cross-functional groups within the organization.
- B. S. in computer science
- 6+ years in software development in advertising industry.
- Understand the ad-tech used in “real time bidding” advertising business.
- Self-motivator who is willing to take ownership of a product.
- Highly analytic, data driven and detail oriented.
- Experience in an Agile development environment preferred.
- Strong communicator
- Product minded (constantly thinking of innovation and improvements from users’ perspective).
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit www.CoxCSRReport.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-CA-Redwood City-1001 Marshall St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing